Welcome to the Golden Years

eth2

After a meeting several days ago, I couldn't find my keys. I quickly gave myself a personal "TSA Pat Down." They weren't in my pockets. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.

My wife has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition. She's afraid that the car could be stolen. As I looked around the parking lot, I realized she was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all to my wife: "I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen." There was a moment of silence. I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard her voice. "Are you kidding me?"

She barked, "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my turn to be silent.

Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

She retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your damn car!"

Welcome to the golden years..............

• Like 4

After a meeting several days ago, I couldn't find my keys. I quickly gave myself a personal "TSA Pat Down." They weren't in my pockets. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.

My wife has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition. She's afraid that the car could be stolen. As I looked around the parking lot, I realized she was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all to my wife: "I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen." There was a moment of silence. I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard her voice. "Are you kidding me?"

She barked, "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my turn to be silent.

Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

She retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your damn car!"

Welcome to the golden years..............

You're not bullschitting us old timers Earl. Once...maybe twice more over the next couple weeks and you should be able to get away with it.

Keith

Hey Earl … you’re probably an okay dude; although we haven’t talked much; but, i think you need a warning point.

I relayed your story here to my boss at work -- he laughed so hard, some spit flew out of his mouth and hit me in the face.

I’m a germaphobe so i don’t think i need to explain any further.

Steve

P.S. Does anyone know the symptoms for the African Sleeping Sickness? i think i may have it. I sure hope it isn’t Lupus.  He was standing close to a map of Africa -- do you think he could be a carrier of the Ebola virus?  who knows what I could have now -- i can’t type any more, i’m feeling a bit woozy.  Where’s the tequila, i need to wash out my mouth.  

Edited by BigStewMan