Klipschorns in freestanding corners

Khornukopia

please PM me if either pair is for sale in the future

Mods...how to move Budman's post down below this one..?

Khornukopia, please consider my offer to purchase your speakers FIRST, should you ever decide to sell them. Thank you very much.

You are a funny guy!  Say, don't you already have a pair of K-horns. Two pairs will make me question your sanity. :)

Man….what a room!!!

The lack of ideal corners was the impetus for the make-over of the room, otherwise it would just be another room with speakers in the corners. BTW, I like the look of your Palladiums.

Thank you

i wouldn't care what they sound like, i would just sit and stare. thats unbelieveable

whats the year of them plus the veneer on the fronts and the rears

gotta be rosewood on one set of them

Sometimes I walk around the room enjoying the speakers for a while before I remember to turn on the music.

I could stare at all that beauty for days before firing any equipment up.

Thanks for the kind words. The darker pair is labeled KB-RL (Rosewood Lacquer). The lighter color pair is labeled KB-BRL (Brazilian Rosewood Lacquer), is an iridescent golden brown and has brighter lighting.

How about some close up's of each veneer?

Beautiful room and setup. I could see Boxx in that room turning around in a chair and laying a witty line on us.

I am honored that the picture of my stereo made you think of Boxx.

Here is a close up.

Edit to add second picture.

post-58241-0-22720000-1427562246_thumb.j

post-58241-0-37440000-1428685627_thumb.j

Edited by Khornukopia
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind words. The darker pair is labeled KB-RL (Rosewood Lacquer). The lighter color pair is labeled KB-BRL (Brazilian Rosewood Lacquer), is an iridescent golden brown and has brighter lighting.

How about some close up's of each veneer?

Beautiful room and setup. I could see Boxx in that room turning around in a chair and laying a witty line on us.

I am honored that the picture of my stereo made you think of Boxx.

Here is a close up.

Just beautiful.  Is it just me or can anyone see the "Predator" in that grain pattern or possible a Razorback facing you?....yeah I stayed up too late last night :)   Love the custom center, the room looks very warm, distinguished and inviting. Kudos!

BTW, what electronic goodies are tucked in the wall?

Edited by Max2

was just going to comment on the center/tv stand/audio rack....  with all the admiration of the k-horns nobody noticed the very unique lascalla based center/stand/rack.

did you build that yourself?  very cool indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was veneering my single La Scala bass bin, I also took an old cabinet with leather wrapped columns, then saw cut it to size, and made new face panels finished with the same veneer as the La Scala. The mid-horn and tweeter motorboard is removable, so I can experiment with other horns and drivers fairly easily.

post-58241-0-28880000-1428685856_thumb.j

• Like 1