Heresy pair, sub wanted in/near Tampa Bay, FL area

Grateful Al

Looking for a pair of lovingly used full range floorstanding mains to compliment my current configuration: RC 52-II center stage and RB 61-II rears. Running 105 watts x 5 channels via Yamaha Rx-V476 home theater receiver.

The current movie I'm playing in my head involves a pair of either Heresys or Cornwalls in good condition and a sub or subwoofer pair that will fill a rather large listening room with sliders that open to a pool and patio.

Music I'm listening to today is PERFECT for those period Klipsch boxes... Rory Gallagher, Johnny Winter, John Lee Hooker, Drive-By Truckers, Diana Krall (she rocks any- and everything), Scott Miller & the Commonwealth, Webb Wilder, etc.

I'm in the 727 area code, 34684. Prefer local items but will travel up to ?? for the right deal.

Holla!

-Bill

Edited by Grateful Al
  • Like 2

good condition and a sub or subwoofer pair that will fill a rather large listening room with sliders that open to a pool and patio.

This one would be a good start.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/4970545138.html 

Just right down the road in Plant City.  It my just currently reside at Youthman's house. ;)  :D

Bill

• Like 2

• Moderators
I LOVE THIS FORUM!

It was nice talking to you Bill.  I look forward to having you over next Saturday.  I think you will enjoy the LaScala Trio.  ;) This is by far the best online community I have ever been a part of.  Glad to have met several of these guys.  We share a unique "brotherhood".

Go get these or I just may get them myself.

Bill said they sold yesterday.

• Like 2

a guy once told me he got a pair of Heresies mint for 25$ at a charity sale - he sold them back for 100$ not knowing that they were that good , he regrets it everyday , you cant buy a badge for 25$ -  easy come easy go -

• Like 2

SCORE!

Snatched this 1987 Heresy II pair with stands and risers on feeBay just over an hour from home.

Now all I need is some random sub plucked from Youthman's sound emporium, just anything the Brother's not using.

Thanks, all, for the welcoming ideas, comments, suggestions, leads, and good vibrations.

Bill

post-61065-0-78240000-1428812746_thumb.j

• Like 3

• Moderators

Congrats Bill.  You even get some cool looking stands with them too.  I know you don't know me but hopefully my reputation over the past 11,127 posts can vouch for my integrity.  If you would like for me to pick them up for you early next week, give me a call.  We can check them out with the RSW-12.  If you would rather pick them up yourself, I totally understand.  Just offering to help a new forum brother out.

• Like 2

Congrats Bill.  You even get some cool looking stands with them too.  I know you don't know me but hopefully my reputation over the past 11,127 posts can vouch for my integrity.  If you would like for me to pick them up for you early next week, give me a call.  We can check them out with the RSW-12.  If you would rather pick them up yourself, I totally understand.  Just offering to help a new forum brother out.

I'm headed over right now. In my mind, I'm already listening to them!

Thanks for offering.

• Like 1

SCORE!

Snatched this 1987 Heresy II pair with stands and risers on feeBay just over an hour from home.

Now all I need is some random sub plucked from Youthman's sound emporium, just anything the Brother's not using.

Thanks, all, for the welcoming ideas, comments, suggestions, leads, and good vibrations.

Bill

SCORE!

Bill

beautiful speakers - I have 3 pairs of Heresies - just cant get enough -

• Like 1

I've run these Heresys through their paces with a wide variety of media and musical styles.

The speakers present a remarkably detailed three-dimensional sound stage.

In the classical composition Celestial Gate with the Orchestra of Flanders, I clearly hear clarinet valve clicking and other fine details. In Tom Petty's 'Breakdown,' the tube amp mildly distorted crunchy lead guitar was perfectly balanced by the silky smooth rhythm background and quick, punchy bass and kick drum. More will be revealed.

I am in heaven.

Thanks, Jim, for the magnificent deal and wonderfully friendly exchange.

• Like 2