B.B. King not in good shape....

jimjimbo

Either way is bad.  If the poison allegations are true, that's horrible.  If false, you're exactly right twk:  Reprehensible.

Fights and/or squabbles over someone's estate pisses me off.  The survivors of the family member rushing in like vultures or roaches.

• Like 1

BB King's daughters are saying he was poisoned......?

I just read that too :o

The article says that the family was prevented from seeing King during his last days by his manager and there were fights over his estate. If this is false its pretty reprehensible thing to do over the legend.

I guess that there has been somewhat of an ongoing battle developing over his estate by three of the 11 surviving (of 15) children that King fathered with several women.   At stake are significant tangible assets, in addition to intellectual property rights and royalties. 

Here is an earlier article regarding previous complaints by three children that a judge determined were without merit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/05/22/b-b-king-15-children-and-potentially-a-big-legal-mess/

It seems that many crazy things happen when large sums of money are at stake, from all sides.  I'm not sure what type of will that King had; however, I guess it seems to show the importance of a well-thought-out will.

• Like 1

Money money money money, MONEY

Some people got to have it
Hey, Hey, Hey - some people really need it

Hey, listen to me, y'all do thangs, do thangs, do thangs -
bad thangs with it
Well, you wanna do thangs, do thangs, do thangs -
good thangs with it - yeah

• Like 1

The deal is this........  Kings associates were not given guardianship for the man.  King did assign them specific Powers Of Attorney to manage his business and one of them was appointed as executor of his estate.  Now a POA does not give anyone the right to stop family members from seeing their relations.  Guardianship, yes, POA - no.  That means that if the kids were denied visitation privileges so see their father then those directions had to have come from Mr. King himself.

The man was very elderly and very much not in good physical condition.  For his age and known medical problems - he lived a pretty long time.  It would appear more like his handlers did everything possible to keep him healthy and working - not the other way around.

This smacks of bitter, money grubbing- infighting kids - probaby why BB King wanted nothng to do with them in the 1st place.  Now they tarnish the mans passing.  Pathetic.

The best things in life are free
But you can give then to the birds and bees
I need money (that's what I want)
That's what I want (that's what I want)

Your love give me such a thrill
But your love don't pay my bills

Money don't get everything, it's true
But what it don't get, I can't use

Money (that's what I want)
Lots of money (that's what I want)
Whole lot of money (that's what I want)
Aha (that's what I want)
Aha ha ha ha ha(that's what I want)
Whoa yeah (that's what I want)

Give me money (that's what I want)
Lots of money (that's what I want)
Always need greens (that's what I want)
That's right baby that's what I need(that's what I want)
Aha ha ha ha ha (that's what I want)
Whoa yeah (that's what I want)
Give me money
Lots of money

• Moderators

Either way is bad.  If the poison allegations are true, that's horrible.  If false, you're exactly right twk:  Reprehensible.

Fights and/or squabbles over someone's estate pisses me off.  The survivors of the family member rushing in like vultures or roaches.

Another reason to have good estate planning in place.

The probate commissioner and judge are excellent in Las Vegas, they will sort that all out pretty quickly if he had good planning in place.

Travis

• Like 1

• Moderators

There are fights in EVERY estate, the issues are just different. The more you plan, the less risk there is of that. The highest risk of fighting occurs when there is a family business involved.

Riley B. King, Inc. was a family business. You can disinherit children in every state except one. Plan accordingly. You have the right to skip your kids and give to your grandkids, even unborn ones, but you cannot go much beyond that without violating the Rule Against Perpetuities, so plan accordingly. You want to be buried, not cremated, plan accordingly.

Anyone can raise a ruckus after you are gone, but with proper planning, they are going to be out of court quickly.

There are pros and cons with every plan, a good lawyer will explain the pros and cons to you, whether to do a will, revocable trust, irrevocable trust, etc.

Travis

• Moderators

There could be another side of this, many times with people especially at this age they get tired of fighting and would rather not suffer considering there is no chance for a recovery, it could have been requested by BB, who knows, he surely wouldn't be the first in this situation.

• Moderators

There could be another side of this, many times with people especially at this age they get tired of fighting and would rather not suffer considering there is no chance for a recovery, it could have been requested by BB, who knows, he surely wouldn't be the first in this situation.

That is certainky true also Eldon, looks like 4 to 6 weeks to know for sure what was in him.