Cornwalls - Yikes

Gorm

the grills are not factory

the woofer cutout is a 12" hole with a 15" woofer - K-1000 midrange - k-77 tweeter with the slot in the rear and clear plexiglass badges all factory.

i have never seen one in the decorator version only one with full factory grill. forum member Gilbert could chime in and help out i believe he had one or two from 59-60

Edited by Budman

In my world the screen above is known as "hardware cloth."  The screen in the CL CWs looks like regular window screen.

Klipsch often demonstrated a willingness to use the materials at hand if they did the job, especially on decorators.  Uniformity and aesthetics were not as important as function.

Edited by DizRotus

Were early Cornwall speakers offered with either 12" or 15" woofers? At least in the Shorthorn speakers, the woofer cutout (for either option) was actually only 10". To my eye, this Cornwall pair also has 10" woofer cutouts, but with only 12" (now) Eminence woofers.

Were early Cornwall speakers offered with either 12" or 15" woofers? At least in the Shorthorn speakers, the woofer cutout (for either option) was actually only 10". To my eye, this Cornwall pair also has 10" woofer cutouts, but with only 12" (now) Eminence woofers.

Let me chime in now....Yes early CW's were offered in 12" ...Actually the original was a 12" driver - the 15" driver was an upgrade.  Believe it or not there's also a single driver CW - the 12" versions are designated C-12 and C-12B 

Edited by prerich