VIDEOS of your setup. HT or 2 Channel.

Scrappydue

Beautiful room Dave! You have put much thought and effort to creating an incredible HT. Have you considered a projection setup?
Thank you. I have kicked the idea of a motorized drop-down right in front of the tv. I'm pretty sure I have the room to do it as the floor joists above run in the same direction. I would then just add some nice trim at the transition point in the ceiling.  But, before I try to run that idea through congress, aka my lovely wife, I'll let some time pass for that budget! Lol!

uh when did you add the chairs in front? i can't imagine those help imaging with music? they look very close to the mains and very much in the way??

My kids love to sit in those side chairs. The best places to sit are the two center mains. I think the photo makes it look like it's impeding on the fronts, but it's not.

Edited by Superdave

uh when did you add the chairs in front? i can't imagine those help imaging with music? they look very close to the mains and very much in the way??

My kids love to sit in those side chairs. The best places to sit are the two center mains. I think the photo makes it look like it's impeding on the fronts, but it's not.

yeah the photo makes them look they are absolutely in the way. i can't imagine how they aren't. but the room looks sweet. 

The room looks great Dave.  Nice and comfortable.  The chairs off to the side leave a clear view for the others seats.  It's impossible to get everyone in the sweet spot, lol.  I like sitting off to the sides and away from the main viewing.  I like seeing how things sound in the rest of the room and how the effect are. :)

• Like 1

Just curious, how did you mount your center?

I used (2) tv mounts and a (1) 1/4-20 threaded rod cut to size. The mounts are bolted to studs and the rod has a nut and washer on the backside of the wall which allows me to adjust the angle of the speaker just with a few turns with a 7/16 wrench. 

post-60616-0-89020000-1446317381_thumb.j

post-60616-0-71900000-1446317449_thumb.j

Looks great SD! Great space to watch a movie.

Thank you. I have kicked the idea of a motorized drop-down right in front of the tv. I'm pretty sure I have the room to do it as the floor joists above run in the same direction. I would then just add some nice trim at the transition point in the ceiling.  But, before I try to run that idea through congress, aka my lovely wife, I'll let some time pass for that budget! Lol!

Whenever you cross the projector bridge with the better half... start with this one. That way any other projector suggestion that follows will seem like a bargain. :D  

HHUM0a.png

• Like 1

• Moderators

Dave, are you planning on mounting the bookshelf speakers that are on the floor? 
I'm still up in the air on what to do with them. Any suggestions? 

I have not heard any of the Atmos, Front Height or Front Wide setups so I cannot offer any advice in that area.