Freddie Mercury schools Kanye West

Islander

Love this thread!  Queen was the first band I really loved and got into.  I was in sixth grade, 1986.  Still throw in albums these days.  Yes, a very sad day when he passed away.  What a voice and amazing band.  Freddie, Brian May and Roger Taylor had side projects but none had the chemistry of those four composing together.

Kanye why is he even somewhat popular ?

Just like so many celebrities these days: famous for being famous.

• Like 1

Fred’s talent was even more evident when you hear how so few can sing his songs and do them any justice at all.

I saw Adam Lambert perform with them last summer, and I admit--he was very good.  Other than him, the only other person that i thought did well was George Michael.   I suppose Marc Martell could do a decent job (he won the job singing in the Queen Extravaganza…Roger Taylor saw his video submission and said it was a no brainer to pick him.  Let me see if i can find that video….here’s his audition--it’s really good.

• Like 3

Fred’s talent was even more evident when you hear how so few can sing his songs and do them any justice at all.

I saw Adam Lambert perform with them last summer, and I admit--he was very good.  Other than him, the only other person that i thought did well was George Michael.   I suppose Marc Martell could do a decent job (he won the job singing in the Queen Extravaganza…Roger Taylor saw his video submission and said it was a no brainer to pick him.  Let me see if i can find that video….here’s his audition--it’s really good.

That guy can sing!

I always liked Paul Rogers and thought he mixed well with Queen. I know he doesn't have quite the range like most, but he certainly has a presence on stage….he's a rocker for sure.

• Like 2

He couldn't even hold Freddy Mercury's microphone, but I am sure Freddy could have taught him how. :P

Couldn't agree with you more.

The best part of that video was not when Freddie Mercury cut in with that fabulous voice of his, but when Kanye lets the crowd sing, even they sound more in-tune and better than he does.  :rolleyes:

Edited by wvu80

That guy can sing!

I always liked Paul Rogers and thought he mixed well with Queen. I know he doesn't have quite the range like most, but he certainly has a presence on stage….he's a rocker for sure.

Love Paul Rodgers. His voice is as powerful as it was thirty years ago. No loss of vocal range. Not Freddie but did jive well with Queen adding his own flair.

Bill

• Like 1

Kanye's artisitc strength is in the studio behind a desk, not as a live performer. Simple as that.

While I agree the video gag is clever and had me smiling, there is really no compare here. Seriously. :mellow:

I own some Queen and some Kanye. Both very listenable depending on how the day is going.

• Like 1