Can't wait for the All Star Game to be over...

Mighty Favog

I know it's great for our economy, good exposure for the city and people are having a lot of fun. But it's cramming up so much of the Internet bandwidth I either can't get on the net at all or only certain times if I'm lucky. I even came back into my office Friday night just make sure an attorney got a file I e-mailed to him a few hours before and our office had absolutely NO Internet at all.

I was talking to one of our court reporters this morning and she heard that someone (no idea who) was telling all the law firms downtown they should just stay home today and tomorrow. Now, I'm sure the legal system/courts are gonna do juuuuuuust that.

If I had the money and if the company could do without me for a while, I would actually go out and embrace all the festivities.

Just venting for now.....

Edited by Mighty Favog
  • Like 1

I'm sure it's a financial windfall for the city and all the vendors though, but the city has to be prepared for it. Some cities handle it better. 

Indy is a perfect example of what proper planning can do. There are two major races here every year where 200-300k people come to town. They get in and out of the facility easily. There's plenty of hotels, shops, restaurants around to handle that crowd. Indy's Superbowl a few years ago had the highest rating of any SB in terms of customer satisfaction. 

I like Cincy, it's clean, modern, friendly, and has a cool history. That view of the city when going north on why 75 is awesome. We usually get over there a couple times a year for a Reds game, King's Island, or the Newport night scene. 

• Like 1

I'm kinda' liken' this All Star game. Be like watching the Royals playing an away game!

too bad after the recount they should have let them all back in like the original roster. would have been awesome! are you a kansas city local?

Yep

Western Shawnee - Royals season ticket holder (40 games)

• Like 1

I'm kinda' liken' this All Star game. Be like watching the Royals playing an away game!
too bad after the recount they should have let them all back in like the original roster. would have been awesome! are you a kansas city local?

Is there a way to "dislike" this post? ;)

The Twins aren't that far behind...yeah...the freaking Twins.  I'd be lying if I said I thought that could happen at the start of the year...

• Like 1

Yep

Western Shawnee - Royals season ticket holder (40 games)

what kind of gear do you have?? Didn't know there was another local Klipsch fan.