The absolute best thread of all time that's even better than Stew's

The History Kid

That's going to be one of the big hurdles to get over when I find a girlfriend...finding one that'll put up with "all those big speaker boxes everywhere."

You mean "those big ugly teenager speakers"

LaSCalas to Khorns to Jubilee's.  Add five MWM double cabinets and two Danley DTS-10's in the garage.  She hates the speakers, says I don't clean very well and don't do the dishes very well but hasn't divorced me yet.

I must be doing something right?

• Like 2

That's going to be one of the big hurdles to get over when I find a girlfriend...finding one that'll put up with "all those big speaker boxes everywhere."

yeah…girls will want things “to match.”  Now, i make my own rules and "not matching" is the new “matching”.  A lady at work asked me once what i did over the previous weekend. I said i bought stuff for the house. She asked what i bought. So i said, “what goes with 12 speakers, a flat screen tv, guitars, and a slot machine?” She said, “Nothing.”  I said, “wrong. a full sized, operational traffic signal light.”  To quote my youngest daughter about my home decor “you’re such a guy."

By the way, traffic lights are VERY bright when put in your living room.

I also had a stop light in my living room, the bulb kind.Mine was actually one of the lights outside.It was hit by a truck and knocked over, so I took it. But I also had a street sign and the matching hooker to go with it.

• Like 2

You mean "those big ugly teenager speakers"

LaSCalas to Khorns to Jubilee's.  Add five MWM double cabinets and two Danley DTS-10's in the garage.  She hates the speakers, says I don't clean very well and don't do the dishes very well but hasn't divorced me yet.

I must be doing something right?

I draw the line at the Jamo orbs.  If she's not satisfied with those, we're through. :P

yeah…girls will want things “to match.”  Now, i make my own rules and "not matching" is the new “matching”.  A lady at work asked me once what i did over the previous weekend. I said i bought stuff for the house. She asked what i bought. So i said, “what goes with 12 speakers, a flat screen tv, guitars, and a slot machine?” She said, “Nothing.”  I said, “wrong. a full sized, operational traffic signal light.”  To quote my youngest daughter about my home decor “you’re such a guy."

By the way, traffic lights are VERY bright when put in your living room.

Apparently we do lack some taste.....I guess. I all was well in my home till I, with the help of my son, replaced my Quintet II system for RF-82 II system and I quote, "those are not speakers, that's furniture!". I still remember the look on her face. Over the next two weeks all the pictures came off the walls and nick knacks were removed. Then a week later a just one new picture went up in the room. Its was a very nice picture that said "Theater" in a very fancy cursive as I think she realized that our family room had just turned into a home theater.

Not long after that my son moved out and I turned his room into a 2 channel room and started back into vinyl. She just pretty much stays out of that room. However I did help her convert our daughters room into a craft room when she moved out.

We just celebrated 30 years and I can tell you this, she gives me more grace than I deserve. I guess some of us just get lucky.

Edited by swapface
  • Like 2

What I mean is if you go to the main screen in win8 you have all these tiles.  One tile is the explorer app, which I hate and doesn't work for some sites.  Another tile is called desktop, which then looks just like the older winXP desktop with icons.

They did away with that.  It's an entirely separate mode that you have to turn on in the settings.  They did do away with the control panel and replaced it with settings.

When I boot and login, it shoots me right to my desktop.

post-58712-0-43500000-1438180486_thumb.j

They updated the file explorer, it looks really nice now.  They also ditched IE.  It's Edge Explorer now.  It has an "IE Compatability Mode" that works pretty well though.

The only problem I've encountered so far happens to be WITH Edge, in that if I screenshot anywhere while Edge is running, it creates a white bar overtop the task bar until I shut Edge down and reboot the program.

One is a Selmer-Bach C (silver) and the other is a King.  Of the two, I know the least about the King.  It was my first horn and I'm either the fifth or sixth (but final) owner.  The Bach C was given to me new in '04 and is my primary performance horn.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.  But quite frankly I 'm thinking about my waitress at dinner tonight.

Chuck -- you are very much alive my friend.

That's an understatement, he's worse than me about thinking about women, just think what he was like at 25. :o  :D

Elden Dude…your wife reads this forum…Christy, your husband is not a good speller…what he meant was …"thinking about my wife"...

She has nothing to worry about and she should know that, she likes big speakers and takes very good care of me. I look (because I'm still breathing) but that's it and I am always thinking about her even when I do and say stupid things that could get me in trouble, after all these years I think she's use to it.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.  But quite frankly I 'm thinking about my waitress at dinner tonight.

Chuck -- you are very much alive my friend.

That's an understatement, he's worse than me about thinking about women, just think what he was like at 25. :o  :D

So you're saying it's normal to be frustrated every single day at my age?

Nope find the right one, and one that likes music enough to not have a problem with speakers or stuck on themselves as in what you can do for them, good luck with that last part nowadays.

• Like 2

• Moderators
We just celebrated 30 years and I can tell you this, she gives me more grace than I deserve. I guess some of us just get lucky.

Your right, I know how you feel, 37 years.

She's so lucky, If I say that to her enough she might believe it, that's my plan anyway.  

• Like 1

Nope find the right one, and one that likes music enough to not have a problem with speakers or stuck on themselves as in what you can do for them, good luck with that last part nowadays.

Can I like this times a billion?

• Like 1