Any one what to go lion hunting?

Travis In Austin

The dentist paid $50000 for the right to murder a lion. Nothing to do with meat. He wanted the preferred thrill of murdering a lion and being photographed with it. He just wanted to see how much must he can create with bow and arrow. He previously killed many animals wit bow. His obsession is the pleasure of killing with bow. What are the rationalizations for such pleasure??? I guess any pleasure is fine as long as animals are killed???

Lion killing?  You mean that story about some guy that hunted a lion that the MSM is distracting the population with?  That story that is on the minds of the sheep that accept MSM stories as "news" that they should be concerned about?

This is a written forum and the thread is about the lion killing...I suggest your post shows which media source you ascribe to and that you are also one of the "sheep."

• Moderators

yeh. just don't see the sport in killing a lion.

Yea I don't see the 'sport ' in killing anything you're not going to eat.

Bugs inside the domicile excluded.

I think for most people that is the dividing line. If you harvest a deer or elk, speed goat, duck, etc. and consume it most people are ok with that.

I think a lot of people draw the line where it is strictly to hang something on a wall. But I know a lot of very nice, normal, people that have a Zebra skin rug on the floor or wall.

The dentist paid $50000 for the right to murder a lion. Nothing to do with meat. He wanted the preferred thrill of murdering a lion and being photographed with it. He just wanted to see how much must he can create with bow and arrow. He previously killed many animals wit bow. His obsession is the pleasure of killing with bow. What are the rationalizations for such pleasure??? I guess any pleasure is fine as long as animals are killed???

Ya know--As an American he should be able to spend his money anyway he chooses and his clients have every reason not to support him or his kind...Heck, he could cater to the Trophy Hunting market and make a killing!

I think for most people that is the dividing line. If you harvest a deer or elk, speed goat, duck, etc. and consume it most people are ok with that.

I think a lot of people draw the line where it is strictly to hang something on a wall. But I know a lot of very nice, normal, people that have a Zebra skin rug on the floor or wall.

Yeah, but I don't have warm, fuzzy feelings when I see their zebra rug.  I just don't.  I think about how pretty that zebra was when it was alive and had the spirit of life.  It makes me sad to see his remains like that.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

Guest Steven1963

Is "the hunt" internally wired in us? We obviously evolved from being hunters, and potentially being hunted. Our peripheral vision is better at seeing and reacting to movement then our central vision is just one example.

Do all hunters have a mental defect, or just ones who hunt for trophys and not the meat?

Hunting was instilled in those that grew up with it and those that don't probably wouldn't go out of their way to kill an animal as long as there are grocery stores...

Lion killing?  You mean that story about some guy that hunted a lion that the MSM is distracting the population with?  That story that is on the minds of the sheep that accept MSM stories as "news" that they should be concerned about?

Sorry, I've been too busy paying attention to what is REALLY going on.  You know, how Hillary strides around on the presidential campaign trail when she should be in prison for lying to congress and destroying evidence that was subpoenaed, how "PP" has been illegally selling body parts of murdered children (whilst being funded by us of course), and how the Obama regime is currently trying to use the Social Security system to deny gun rights to millions of Americans.

Careful, you are going to piss off a lot of sleeping people. That and you are wading into political waters, which is not allowed.

Edited by Steven1963

Yeah, but I don't have warm, fuzzy feelings when I see their zebra rug.  I just don't.  I think about how pretty that zebra was when it was alive.  It makes me sad to see his remains like that.

I'm with you...I inherited a mink stole from my mom when she passed and can't help but think how Humans have changed in regard to how they feel about animal pelts...Yep--I wear leather goods and eat meat, but am no longer wired like my ancestors thanks to supermarkets.

Guest Steven1963

The PP subject was dead. Until you just brought it back. THANKS! If I'm the idiot you are referring to then yeah, I'll wear that label proudly.

Planned Parenthood looks to be doing some things that need to be investigated. Period. If you have a different opinion, fine. Express it. Preferably by starting another thread. I will gladly join in. This one is about a lion, which I added how ridiculous it is to have such sorrow for it while ignoring other ills that are far more important.

NOT IN MY THREAD, it doesnt have anything to do with this thread, start you own, but get it the hell out of MY thread, I don't want this thread locked because you can't control yourself.

It is about how hunting a lion can morph into something you never expected, and hunting in general.

Pretty sure that's exactly what I said, Travis.

• Moderators

Regarding fishing, it can be acceptable or bad. Some people catch fish for food. Fine. Others catch for sport and release them. At least they release them alive, but I see nothing but perversion in terrorizing fish that way. They get caught by the mouth on a hook. They are in terror. They are fighting for their lives, while the goof on the other end of the pole is laughing and all giddy... "Oh, what fun it is for me!" For once, they might consider what it's like to be on the other end of their pole, wondering if you are going to survive, and if you do, how badly you will be injured in the process. It ain't fun for the fish, folks. Why any of you would want to do that to them is beyond my understanding.

Fish are caught in nets and on hook and line commercially. I don't think any of it is fun for any of them. Would a fish rather be caught and eaten by a shark, a tuna, or by a fisherman? Fish don't seem to have much in the way of brains so I think that is why people don't seem to care so much. Kind of like chickens. If it is a baby chick and still cute that is off limits too.

We do get very upset over mammals on the other hand.

Guest Steven1963

Is "the hunt" internally wired in us? We obviously evolved from being hunters, and potentially being hunted. Our peripheral vision is better at seeing and reacting to movement then our central vision is just one example.

Do all hunters have a mental defect, or just ones who hunt for trophys and not the meat?

Hunting was instilled in those that grew up with it and those that don't probably wouldn't go out of their way to kill an animal as long as there are grocery stores...

So you believe that hunting is something that is taught, like driving a car?

lets face it....no matter all the rationalizing about shoes and meat and harvests.....some men just love killing. it thrills them. and if it didn't, they wouldn';t be doing it. can't be any simpler then that.

you point a gun at a living thing...you see it in your sights, but you don't really see it at all. you don't see a mother, father, you don't see the babies depending on this parent, you don't imagine that animals have sentience, a life, meaning, feelings, pain, nothing matters to you but your "thrill seeking." who cares if animals suffer as long as I have some amusement. its a very special kind of selfishness. Cecil's entire family of many kids and even his brothers are now endangered because the alpha male has been murdered. dentist could care less about all these collateral damage he created. he got his rocks off killing with his bow. he can brag forever at the country club of his murderous exploitation. 

Edited by jo56steph74
  • Like 1

• Moderators

This will be forgotten in a couple of weeks, or whenever the next big news story hits. If they have indeed found parts from MH370, next week.

I agree, it will probably die down within a month and it will all go away, assuming they dont try to extradite him thus keeping him in the news.

But sometimes things never go away for some people.

An example from Austin would be Lance Armstrong.

So you believe that hunting is something that is taught, like driving a car?

Not exactly. I think some people were brought up hunting as a way of life. That said, I also wouldn't have a car if our Public transportation was better.

Edited by Zen Traveler

hunting and murder for intentional joy arises in people who have no spirit. often called consciousness. they are dead inside EXCEPT for the ego, which tells them they alone are important. they have no established connection with the feelings of other living things. they do not see any connection at all. ego says, only I exist, only I matter, no other thing is more important than I.

others develope spirit inside. they develope a connection to lving things....comraderie? a wholeness that sees other lifes as different but not unimportant. look at a whale and see the intelligence, the caring, the feelings they show for their offsprings. Lions dogs cats have feelings and consciousness. we even love pets, which are just dogs and cats. how about we go dog hunting with bow and arrow and kill all dogs in the neighborhood? hey, they are less than lions, less than humans, might as well have fun shooting them!! get excitement killing all the dogs in the area! mount they heads on the wall too!! sick? how is that sicker than murdering elks or lions for fun?

I hope the big God has special punishment for such unfeeling people. a room alone for eternity with no other living things?

Guest Steven1963

We, the human race, have done an excellent job of proliferating to the four corners of the Earth. We've earned the luxury of being able to isolate ourselves from the reality of life: that we must consume in order to survive. Where once we spent our whole day from sunrise to sunset working to survive we now spend it feeling sorrow for animals that we would either hunt, or be hunted by.

Today, because of our success, we have a lot of free time. Our food is ordered and brought to us on a plate already cooked. Most people enjoy a good steak. Then on the drive home they hear about the mistreatment of the animals in the slaughter houses and think "that is so bad!" Not even realizing the hypocrisy of the events that evening.

Having sorrow for a lion is a luxury but it is not facing reality. It most certainly is not 'evolving.' That is simply laughable. Today, there are about 15,000 lions on the face of the planet and about 7 billion people. You want to know why I think we haven't evolved and that we are simply responding from a position of luxury? Easy. Reverse those numbers. Now there are 7 billion lions and 15,000 people. You got time to feel sorrow?

So all of you who are in the camp that hunting is bad whatever the premise. You are simply not living in reality.

I'm not a hunter and I would never partake in the sport. But I get it and I don't judge those that do.

• Like 1

This will be forgotten in a couple of weeks, or whenever the next big news story hits. If they have indeed found parts from MH370, next week.

I agree, it will probably die down within a month and it will all go away, assuming they dont try to extradite him thus keeping him in the news.

But sometimes things never go away for some people.

An example from Austin would be Lance Armstrong.

It may die down and I for one am glad "the media brought it to our attention because if it was a no-name lion then it would just be another trophy on this guys wall--Now at least his customers can revisit their decision to have him as a dentist and let others realize that Trophy Hunters aren't seen as something to aspire to. Otoh, it also shown that Americans value these animals lives even though we don't have domestic lions here.