Any one what to go lion hunting?

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

I don't know how you ram acceptance of homosexuality down the throats of Christians.

They did it here in my neighboring state of Oregon. $135,000 fine for not baking the cake for a homosexual wedding. Now if that isn't ramming it down throats I don't know what is.

Some background on this, if you get all of your news from the national news media, which may or may not have reported the details: That bakery had in the past knowingly baked cakes for homosexuals. There was no issue here. Where they invoked their freedom of religion is when a gay couple wanted a cake baked FOR A WEDDING. Well, apparently these Christians felt that they couldn't do that and still be in keeping with religious beliefs.

So much for freedom of association or freedom of religion. The inmates are running the asylum and unless you agree with their version of 'tolerance' you are shit out of luck. And in this case, out of business, bankrupt and no home.

I stand corrected, right on point.

when I was 16 or so, bunch of guys said, lets go shoot rabbits in the desert! Ok, say i. we jump in a couple gars filled with various guns and go to the desert. I borrow a gun and the guy show me how to shoot it. we all run around the desert for hours shooting like mad all over. blah, blah. then, for some reason a rabbit runs behind a little mesquite bush, but hes on MY SIDE of the bush. not far from me. i aim and shoot and hot the rabbit. he jumps in the air with a weird rapid twwitching which I see and then flops down. i run up to it to see what I killed, but it wasn't dead. standing over it, it is breathing like very very rapid, his eye looks up to me. at this moment all i feel inside is the pain and the suffering of this brown rascal, trying so hard to breath and he is asking me - why did you shoot me? what did I do to you? and my stomach is knotted to watch this little think suffering and I hear it crying at me. i wondered if it could be repaired? but no, it was dying too slow. I shot it again to make it stop breathing and make it stop asking me why. I never again took a life with intention like that. just for fun, just to screwe around and just for a thrill. it made me sick for a long time to think of this rabbit. i began to understand that suffering is the same for animals as humans. why MAKE new suffering?

later in life i got pet dogs. oh my!!! i learn how animals love, how they feel, how they suffer, how they know humans, how they know we know them! this was the final straw for me to know that if dogs have such sensations and feelings, then arrdvark and zebra will too. and little brown rabbits. death happens, and even intentional death like beef cattles. but not with a hardness of heart, or intention of getting a thrill from the pain of animals. Nature involves death, but morality involves knowing it is not right to cause pain in exchange for mere excitement of our ego. because if we can do that to lions and bears, we can do it to any living thing we judge to be inferior to us.

if aliens ever do land on earth. we will slaughter them long before we know if they are good or bad. we will slaughter them like lions and rhinos and hang the alien head on wall.

I'm with ya, but are you saying "meat is murder"? (Kind of a catchy phrase there).

Is consuming meat a moral question? Is it ok to purchase meat in a supermarket, but not hunt?

There was a Kung Fu episode dealing with eating meat and Cain said "I do not kill to eat." I told my parents that, my mom gave me more salad and vegetables. My dad kind of sat back and smiled but didn't say anything. I think I was in swim practice 2 or 3 hours a day at the time. I think I lasted about a day as a Shaolin vegetarian.

It eating meat is wrong that is going to be an awfully big room. If eating meat is ok, isn't killing, killing? Does it matter to the cow if she is killed by a mountain lion, a mechanical killing device at the slaughter house, or the by the farmer who raised her who is going to save that one to feed his family with?

what does food hjave to do with creating suffering for one's enjoyment?

i eat some meat. Here's what I know about it. People grow the meat and other slaughter and prepare the meat. as best I know, there is no intention to make these animals suffer for the simple reason of having their head on a wall. I have said consistently, that was makes this a moral sin is to create suffering in others for your selfish pleasure.

when people eat meat, they can even appreciate the sacrifice made by the animal. they can honor the animal. that's way different than chasing an animal with a gun, making it suffer and die NOT FOR EATING, but just for the joy of killing. Rich dentist didn't EAT the lion. Rich dentist didn't respect the life of lion. Rich dentist paid to murder the lion for only fun. That kind of INTENTION by humans is degrading. Death comes enough. suffering comes enough. do we need to create death and destruction as a pure amusement?

i guess you see no importance in the intent of people. i do. if I accidentlyy run over an old lady in my car, i had no evil intent. it's a mistake, an accident, a tragedy. bad enough. but if i get in the car and drive around looking for old ladies to mow down and kill, that is morally wrong. i wish you could see that, but not every one can. they think man has the moral rightr to kill, destroy, main, create suffering for any reason they like.

Lets get this thread back on track......

women%252520bikini%252520beach%252520gro

Now you are talking.

So there is a natural instinct to "be fruitful and multiply." Is there another instinct to hunt that we have suppressed over time, some more than in others?

First you have to hunt for that prime piece of meat. Stalk it slowly, creeping up on it in dim lit areas if need be. Once you find it, taste it....do you want it? If so, eat it. You can have fun with it for a while to see if the venture is fruitful, then practice as often as possible to see if you can multiply!

Edited by teaman

Wild geese are not grease and fat laden?  Do you have any extras?

Oldie

I usually just take the breast meat. We shoot enough that the extra work for the thigh and wing meat is a waste of time.

And there is almost no fat or grease on a wild bird of any kind. when bird season opens, remind me to send you some. i will freeze it and send it overnight

Cooking it, I marinate it and then throw it n the grill. You need to cook it to medium rare and then cut into strips to use on tortillas or eat it with potatoes and your favorite beverage. It will taste like a filet if yo do it right

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996
  • Like 2

Meat

Zen: I love steak and chicken! I wish I could be a vegetarian because I don't like the idea of killing an innocent animal, but I don't think it's morally wrong.

Hunting

Zen: Most of the people I grew up with enjoyed hunting but I do not.

Hunting lions

Zen: I admit I'm not for it,  but understand others do...that said, it's no longer as impressive as the title "Big Game Hunter," used to convey when I was kid. 

Media's reaction

Zen: It was an appropriate story yet I was more surprised/disappointed at other people's reaction on the thread.

Is it evil to hunt.

Zen: I don't believe in evil, but what the dentist and his cohorts did was immoral in my book. In the US I don't see the need for most people, but also understand why some folks enjoy it.

Is it evil to eat meat?

Zen: See answers above, but, No.

• Like 1

It seems that mankind has always thought it sport to hunt.  Buffaloes were massacred by the thousands by men riding the trains across the west.  Carcasses were left to rot.  Popular sentiment has certainly changed since then. 

The dentist in this case has since apologized for his actions.  I'm sure the boycott of his business had nothing to do with it.  I'm also sure he would have apologized even had this not been brought to light.

The dentist in this case has since apologized for his actions.  I'm sure the boycott of his business had nothing to do with it.  I'm also sure he would have apologized even had this not been brought to light.

Apology????  :huh:  Who cares--I hope his business suffers and even if it does, it won't bring back the lion.

• Like 2

Does it matter to the cow if she is killed by a mountain lion, a mechanical killing device at the slaughter house, or the by the farmer who raised her who is going to save that one to feed his family with?

it matters to the entire conscious universe that some people create suffering for fun. If killing lion for fun is perfectly ok, how about fighting pet dogs in rings for good laughs? remmeber the cretin named Michael Vick? let's all gather on main street with dogs, beat them half to death and starve them and set them onto each other for fun. What's the difference? their going to die anyway? what does it matter how they die, or why they die? fun is fun. mike vick should get a medal and put some dog heads on his walls, right?

you keep asking, "whats the differnce?" is it possible you see no distinction in motivations? should we have all those legal defintiions like manslaughter and murder and premediation if motive makes no difference in life? should we have any respect for any animal life at all? I have to wonder. i didn't know so many people had no compassion for animals. im a little sick by the thought.

Edited by jo56steph74
  • Like 2

mike vick should get a medal and put some dog heads on his walls, right?

You now have me wondering if the same people who supported Michael Vick also don't see anything wrong with the dentist shooting this lion? My guess those camps overlap.

should we have any respect for any animal life at all? I have to wonder. i didn't know so many people had no compassion for animals. im a little sick by the thought.

I am with you and feel some of it comes back to religious beliefs...No. I am not going to open that can of worms but if only Humans have souls, then.... :unsure:

What this society is lacking is a moral compass. The more people push the envelope the less resistance they are getting. PC is taking over this country in the worst way. Pretty soon WW III will engage and we won't have to worry about it any longer. I for one hope God does not punish us all for the ignorance of the people in charge.

This goes for those who wrongfully kill for sport, those who play the "knock out game", those who target the weak and those who lie, cheat and steal while passing it off as "some kind of lives matter".....the list goes on and on......... Friggin insane society we live in...

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1

Apology????    Who cares--I hope his business suffers and even if it does

Just curious, why do you hope this dentist's business suffers? 

I personally think the public shame he and his family are going through are enough and I don't even wish that.

Bill

• Like 1

Apology????  :huh:  Who cares--I hope his business suffers and even if it does, it won't bring back the lion.

I'm sure his business will suffer.  Not as much as the lion however.

• Like 1

By the way, getting an apology from this hunter was probably like pulling teeth...

Who would he apologize to? I realize you are making a joke but this guy made all Americans look bad.

I believe it was just a standard issue apology to social media but don't quote me on that.