Show us some pics of your tube gear

Wardsweb

Here are some of my DIY amps. The top one is a 6DN7 with 1 1/2 watts per channel. I have actually driven KHorns with this. Next up are a pair of 2A3 monoblocks that I built in a mirror configuration. Last is the very first tube amp I ever built: 2A3 stereo amp with 3 1/2 watts per channel.

myamps.jpg

• Like 3

I can't figure out why I couldn't get these to work....every time I would plug one in, there would be this blinding flash of light, and my fingers would get hot, but no sound....still working on it though...I don't have many left.

post-12530-0-83940000-1438288429_thumb.j

• Like 5

Guest thesloth

Damn Wardsweb you got a nice collection!!!!!

I do see some redplating on that Jolida, maybe check the bias?

I too am embarrased to post my amps now :( They don't look great but they sound awesome at least!

I am in the wrong line of work or something..........I barely pay the bills and have to build my own gear lolz.

Edited by thesloth

Damn Wardsweb you got a nice collection!!!!!

I do see some redplating on that Jolida, maybe check the bias?

I too am embarrased to post my amps now :( They don't look great but they sound awesome at least!

I am in the wrong line of work or something..........I barely pay the bills and have to build my own gear lolz.

Post away buddy. There will always be someone with more and someone with less. Serenity comes not from what you have but knowing what you can live without.

The picture of the Jolida was taken in low light and a long exposure, so it doesn't look like that in real time.

Guest thesloth

My Scott 299A. It needs a knob so keep an eye out for me please :) I got it for $150 and fully resotored it. Some of the can caps on top were not replaced, instead I used discretes under the hood.  I will take some better pics of my monoblocks I built that are in my avatar and post later.

hcMNN9e.jpg

• Like 1

Here are my Trancendent Sound Grounded Grid Preamp and Son Of Beast OTL Stereo amp. These are both kits I built...To my surprise LOL, nothing smoked when I turned them on...How do they sound??? Dead Quiet with plenty of Slam and Punch.

post-61223-0-80420000-1438291064_thumb.j

post-61223-0-00620000-1438291085_thumb.j

post-61223-0-05220000-1438291144_thumb.j

• Like 3

All right, guess I should post at least one picture!  This is a 6BX7 parallel SET:

Nice and clean layout. I love the symmetry. What kind of power output are you getting?

It's about 1.6 wpc @ 3.8% 2nd harmonic distortion (calculated).  Actual power output is a bit lower due to the expected opt losses (more like 1.25-1.3 watts)  More than enough power, even with my RF-15s.

Maynard

Edited by tube fanatic

All right, guess I should post at least one picture!  This is a 6BX7 parallel SET:

Nice and clean layout. I love the symmetry. What kind of power output are you getting?

It's about 1.6 wpc @ 3.8% 2nd harmonic distortion (calculated).  Actual power output is a bit lower due to the expected opt losses (more like 1.25-1.3 watts)  More than enough power, even with my RF-15s.

Maynard

You gotta love high efficiency speakers. What this world needs is a good 5 Watt amplifier ~ Paul Klipsch

• Like 1