Klipschorns and never ending mysteries of wives

YK Thom

• 2 weeks later...

Great story, however, make sure she knows one of the cardinal rules....no plants, flowerpots or drinks on the speakers.  It is continually amazing to me how many speakers have water stains....

Good advice, she is fortunately more prone to candles and such.

Going to keep an eye on Alberta and maybe Saskatchewan over the winter and into next spring. We are moving into a new place the end of August so her priorities will come first. She has some new furniture plans for the dining room.

I would also keep an eye out in Brithish Columbia for them also. Don't see to much in Alberta and have never seen in Saskatchewan, always check Kijijji online, probably your best bet on finding a set or even try Canuckaudiomart.com. There are a few Khorns on Canuck but mostly in Ontario\Quebec and I imagine shipping here would be quite expensive, let alone the NWT.  

Depending how often you get down here to Etown, we have a Dealer, Audio Ark, who happens to be the largest Dealer in Canada for Klipsch Heritage and I have seen a couple of pairs of Khorns there on trade in or on consignment over the years, located on 124st and 107 ave. 

Unfortunately here in Alberta, any Dealer that sells the Heritage line does not stock them in store, they are a "special order only" as we Klipschers are a special breed and we know what we want and are willing to pay for it. 

• Like 2

Great story, however, make sure she knows one of the cardinal rules....no plants, flowerpots or drinks on the speakers.  It is continually amazing to me how many speakers have water stains....

Going to keep an eye on Alberta and maybe Saskatchewan over the winter and into next spring. We are moving into a new place the end of August so her priorities will come first. She has some new furniture plans for the dining room.

I would also keep an eye out in Brithish Columbia for them also. Don't see to much in Alberta and have never seen in Saskatchewan, always check Kijijji online, probably your best bet on finding a set or even try Canuckaudiomart.com. There are a few Khorns on Canuck but mostly in Ontario\Quebec and I imagine shipping here would be quite expensive, let alone the NWT.  

Depending how often you get down here to Etown, we have a Dealer, Audio Ark, who happens to be the largest Dealer in Canada for Klipsch Heritage and I have seen a couple of pairs of Khorns there on trade in or on consignment over the years, located on 124st and 107 ave. 

Unfortunately here in Alberta, any Dealer that sells the Heritage line does not stock them in store, they are a "special order only" as we Klipschers are a special breed and we know what we want and are willing to pay for it.

I do get down to Edmonton a few times a year. Have never been in Audio Arc and will check them out next time I'm down. I'm hoping October or November. Thanks for the tip.

I do get down to Edmonton a few times a year. Have never been in Audio Arc and will check them out next time I'm down. I'm hoping October or November. Thanks for the tip.
The snow isn't too deep by then?  ;)

Bruce

• Like 2

• Moderators
If you are like me and have been married a couple decades you know what I'm talking about. Wives never cease to amaze.

YES I know, 37 years.

Well Congratulations, on the opportunity for Khorns, and the wife.

Hope the new place has corners, if not that's fixable.

• Like 1

No problem, Let me know in advance and I can tour you around to a few of our great audio emporiums here and indulge in a beverage or 2...unfortunately I don't know of any places like "The Range" here in Etown like in YK...lol...

• Like 1

The snow isn't too deep by then?  ;)

Bruce

Bu that's when you book it as a Snow Day with the temperature at -40 F\C or I should say a Klipsch Day, and a time for catching up on quality tunes, a fine Cuban cigar and Hot Rum totties and watch the kid outside you dropped $20 on to shovel your walks and driveway....lol....

If you are like me and have been married a couple decades you know what I'm talking about. Wives never cease to amaze.

YES I know, 37 years.

Well Congratulations, on the opportunity for Khorns, and the wife.

Hope the new place has corners, if not that's fixable.

Thank you kindly sir, you do indeed understand. We were sort or scooted through as you usually are. More focus on bathrooms and kitchens. I beleive I may have the corners. Could be wrong, won't be the first time (wife will happily attest). Once in and settled should have a better handle on things. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Great story, however, make sure she knows one of the cardinal rules....no plants, flowerpots or drinks on the speakers. It is continually amazing to me how many speakers have water stains....

No problem, Let me know in advance and I can tour you around to a few of our great audio emporiums here and indulge in a beverage or 2...unfortunately I don't know of any places like "The Range" here in Etown like in YK...lol...

What a wonderful and unexpected post. Don't run into too many folk who know YK (Yellowknife NWt for you southern folks). Trust me I can live without the Range, more of a Black Knight kind of guy. We are moving into Northern Hieghts the end of this month. I can crawl home at -40 from there!

Would be very happy to meet you and take a look. Pints on me.

Edit/addition: did you live here in the late 70s early 80s? Used to know a guy named Boomer with the Ultimate Vinyl Collection when I was a young man.

Edited by YK Thom

Great story, however, make sure she knows one of the cardinal rules....no plants, flowerpots or drinks on the speakers. It is continually amazing to me how many speakers have water stains....

What a wonderful and unexpected post. Don't run into too many folk who know YK (Yellowknife NWt for you southern folks). Trust me I can live without the Range, more of a Black Knight kind of guy. We are moving into Northern Hieghts the end of this month. I can crawl home at -40 from there!

Would be very happy to meet you and take a look. Pints on me.

Edit/addition: did you live here in the late 70s early 80s? Used to know a guy named Boomer with the Ultimate Vinyl Collection when I was a young man.

Good morning and not a problem, I'd be more than glad to help out a fellow Klipsch family member! I can also relate to you as I lived in YK for 6 yrs as well as Inuvik NWT (94 -00),  and I know what it's like there. I believe at one time I had the most northern Khorns on the planet when I lived in Inuvik, and the offers I got on them, I'm surprised I never sold them...HA....Can't say I have heard of boomer and the Ultimate Vinyl Collection store, I probably would have spend half my time and money there if he was still going when I was!

Sorry, had to throw the Strange Range in there...lol....it's funny when you bring that name up to people who have been to YK and the look you get, but I had alot of good times when I lived up there and definitely miss the salary I had when I had one of those cush G'NWT jobs before I settled back home. 

I have always told people if there is some place you truly want to visit it's our Canadian Arctic...the pictures in National Geographic don't do it justice in the summer time and also winter. 

Tim

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

An update:

We are now into the new condo and it turns out I don't have the corners required for KHorns after all.

Back to my original plan of a pair of Palladium 17bs or perhaps RF7IIs (which would free me from a sub).

Time will tell over the course of the winter. At this point my wife has a new furniture shopping list that will push this onto the back burner until at least next spring.

The Corner gods giveth and taketh.

This time mostly taketh...

• 4 weeks later...

The old adage, just when you think you've seen it all...

I was sitting at the table reading some posts and was looking at some Khorns. My wife walks by, takes a peek and says " those look nice, who is selling them?" She didn't realize they were speakers. She thought they were (in her words - lovely cabinets). Told her what they were and showed some other photos. She likes them because of the corner placements and looks and dosent mind if I get a pair!

Wow. I showed her LaScalas and the Belles which I thought she would like. Nope...too fat, meaning wide.

Just about fell off my chair. Of all the speakers she would like, the biggest most monstrous powerhouse out there.

So now the search begins. Young guys, never assume you know anything about women; After 28 years I still get blown away.

Perhaps she's  been planning on removing you from the scene and is thankful that you found some large, coffin large boxes to assist her with her mad plan? :)

Edited by Wolfbane