Surf Punks

oldtimer

Does anyone here remember the Surf Punks?  This little number called My Beach offers up a succinct description of the territoriality involved in the culture.

My beach, my chicks, my waves
Go home, go home
My sun, my sand, my surf
Go home, go home

Man, get off
Hey, you're not a local
Get out of here
Hey man get out of my way

Go home
Go home
Go home!

Get lost

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 2

I well remember the Surf Punks!  I have several of their albums.

Having grown up on the beaches of SoCal in the early 80's, as a surfer, I am also well familiarized with the topics to which they sang of!  Localism was very much alive and well in my neck of the woods during those times, to be sure.  Still exists today.

• Like 2

Having grown up on the beaches of SoCal in the early 80's,
You remember the fast food chain Naugles?  They just won a court case and reopened. Just one place in Fountain Valley.  I’m a Del Taco Man; but, I’ll visit Naugles for nostalgic reasons. 
  • Like 1

What were they sued for?

They merged with Del Taco and 171 Naugles became Del Tacos.  Del Taco claimed they had purchased the name and recipes in the merger. In fact, some of the Naugles items are still on the Del Taco menu today. Some guy that wants to reopen Naugles went to court claiming that Del Taco abandoned the brand so it was up for grabs. He eventually won.

I well remember the Surf Punks!  I have several of their albums.

Having grown up on the beaches of SoCal in the early 80's, as a surfer, I am also well familiarized with the topics to which they sang of!  Localism was very much alive and well in my neck of the woods during those times, to be sure.  Still exists today.

Having grown up on the beaches of SoCal in the 60s/70s my buds and i, ran into groups once in a wile, likely from Brea/fullerton,, we simply yelled at them, fine keep your beach, and then on the way back to our surfwagon, my buddy Art would mark their tire with chalk (bright pink), next phone booth we passed we called in a Tow  :emotion-21: 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Does anyone here remember the Surf Punks?  This little number called My Beach offers up a succinct description of the territoriality involved in the culture.

My beach, my chicks, my waves

Go home, go home

My sun, my sand, my surf

Go home, go home

Man, get off

Hey, you're not a local

Get out of here

Hey man get out of my way

Go home

Go home

Go home!

Get lost

Yes I do, very well. I saw them practicing several times in a house 3 doors down from me in Malibu.

They are one of my Santa Monica Civic memories.

Valleys and locals

• Like 1

• Moderators

Having grown up on the beaches of SoCal in the early 80's,

You remember the fast food chain Naugles?  They just won a court case and reopened. Just one place in Fountain Valley.  I’m a Del Taco Man; but, I’ll visit Naugles for nostalgic reasons.

Completely forgot about Naugles until you mentioned it. The only time I remember being in one, sort of, was late at night. I do remember I thought they were much better than Taco Bell. I cannot for the life of me remember where the location was went to.

Travis

• Like 1