Sheldon of Big Bang, Professor Proton, and Mr. Wizard.

WMcD

You may be a fan of the Big Bang Theory and Sheldon.  The most charmingly cloying and wonderful episodes involve his worship of Professor Proton as played by Bob Newhart.

Please recall that Sheldon described how Professor Proton on TV came into his house in Texas and taught him, lonely genius kid, science.

This is based on the Mr. Wizard program which so many of us enjoyed. Sheldon is actually too young but not to worry. The kid in the video is Sheldon, or many of us.

The link is in a way a demonstration of Sheldon's genius, if neurotic, that many complicated things are connected to each other. 

Please note that a phono pickup and a speaker are involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfTaH13zAUA

This explains Sheldon better than Penny could.

Smile.

WMcD

Edited by William F. Gil McDermott
  • Like 3

• Moderators

We need TV like this back again, it's really additive to watch, I didn't intend to watch it all but did.  Quite a little fire, today they would want you to wear a fire suit to film that.

I do like that show and Sheldon, funny show

Thanks

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

We need TV like this back again, it's really additive to watch, I didn't intend to watch it all but did.  Quite a little fire, today they would want you to wear a fire suit to film that.

I do like that show and Sheldon, funny show

Thanks

Yes we do need TV like this again.

• Like 1

youtube is the most underated resource on the planet.

i spend much more tine with YT than with regulation TV.  you could do brain surgery just from watching YT. you can have endless laughs. it's the richest free resource i know of that doesn't involve driving somewhere.

• Like 2

I must take back my statement that Sheldon is too young to have seen Mr. Wizard.  I had only watched the first version, which of course was in B&W.  There were later ones which you can find on YT which are in color, showing the vintage.

You can see that he was a member of "The Greatest Generation" and an Air Force pilot of distinction.

Also on YT are two files which are there to point our he was occasionally showed annoyance with his child co-stars.  And overall he did ;put on an air of superiority which is unbecoming. This is a disappointment. 

Still, he influenced generations of young scientists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Herbert

WMcD

• Like 2