Klipsch Chorus - $175 OBO (Kansas City, MO)

opusk2k9

let me know the dimensions and I can cut the motherboards for you. Just the cost of the wood. (and a road trip to St. L) to pick up.

You rock, "Mookie" :D   Thinking it may take 2 trips to St. L.  Once I get the cabs apart, probably bring you the motor boards.  Pick them back up at your convenience.  Swap some stories and lunch too.  Have to get "jiminSTL" in on this, I am sure he would enjoy being a part of...

Heck, "Mookie" --- I may have you make all of the cuts for me.  If you have the time and desire, that is.  Got any glue? :ph34r:

:)

• Like 2

Oh, no you don't! I was looking to be helpful, not looking of a project. The rate you are fast cycling through speakers lately, building your own cabinets will slow you down and that is a good thing!!! I would actually be cutting on a 5' x 11' CNC router table, so any additional cuts or dados would not be a big deal.

• Like 2

Oh, no you don't! I was looking to be helpful, not looking of a project. The rate you are fast cycling through speakers lately, building your own cabinets will slow you down and that is a good thing!!!

LOL - you have me rolling around on the floor, "Mookie"...   Nothin' slips by you :D

Any help I can get will be MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

• Like 1

Tweets up and running.  Ran these Chorus through a few re-mastered Billy Joel tunes. 

OMGosh!!!  These things sound INCREDIBLE!!!  I love them...

Now I don't want to unhook them and start the disassembly.  Perhaps I shall wait until tomorrow to start that process?

Man!  If only Bob built Chorus cabs, too :unsure:...   Bob???

Edited by Matthews
  • Like 1

Geeze, I knew the Chorus were a bigger speaker.  Not sure I realized how big.  Those are KLF-30's behind them...

Not bad for a Buck-Fifty :P

attachicon.gifChorusfrnt1 (Small).jpg

attachicon.gifChorusfrnt (Small).jpg

So, my plans...

1st to replace the diaphragms with the ones I pulled from the KLF's

Next, FIND SOMEONE (hint-hint) who can make new motor boards for me from Birch.

Plan on building completely new cabinets for these from Birch.  I can make the other cuts and fab everything together.  I just need someone to help me with the fronts.  Want them to be near perfect and would rather pay someone than make multiple trips to pick up more wood...

Final finish will be clear poly, grill less.

they made these cabs with MDF -and that can go ways into great sound -as the cab is sealed -these cabs can be repaired by only changing the damaged panels -motorboards look ok to me - Chorus are always black in the front -

• Like 1

Chorus are always black in the front

not for long, Randy :D

In a one phone community, where messages are exchanged by a piece of paper and horseback, Monday one of these cabinets is being delivered to Clark, MO to be replicated by an Amish carpenter.  They will be done in Birch plywood and a clear poly. Going to have him wood trim the front edges as well.  I think they will be stunning, naked.  

I have heard the Amish do magnificent work, far beyond the average.  -YAY- excited...

Once they are done, I will add port tubes.  For this part, I will need a little advice, but that is for a future discussion. 

Birch is the new black :)

• Like 1

Oh my, what an opportunity. If someone is going to chew out the shapes for free, why not go with Walnut, Cherry or (gasp) Mahogany AB plywood? Who else has Mahogany Chorus?

Won't be for "free", but, I sure like the way you think, "jweber".  tap tap tap of the finger...  Mahogany Chorus?  me likes :)