Youthman Went Skydiving (with sliight malfunction)

Youthman

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Michael!

I also jumped from 10,000 feet when I was 40. How hi did you jump from?

It looks like they cut out all of your entanglement time?

I also didn't see you steering or doing the landing?? My instructor let me have the handles to steer right after we canopied and let me steer the whole way down and flair for the landing, it was cool!

My daughter also wants to go and I told her I would take her when she turns 18....

One further question, Last year we had the following moderators attend, Chad, Dave, Christy, Eldon, Carl, and Michael Rae..... Being that you are now 40 years old and supposedly a BIG BOY, I see no excuses for you not to make Hope in April this year, so what do you say???

You could be in charge of Photography???

Rog

• Like 1

• Moderators

Rig, I jumped from 12,500'. They asked if I wanted to upgrade to 14,000' for an extra 15 seconds of free fall for $30 extra.

I'm guessing if the orignal chute would hav opened, he might have let me steer.

Yes, they cut the video right as we began to go into a crazy spin. I called and asked if I could get the unedited video and he said they only provide the edited version for marketing reasons.

My 16yr old would have went but he has to be 18. He wants to have a skydive bday party with two of his friends.

My wife suggested that I go last year but it didn't work out with our schedule. Would be cool to make it one year.

• Like 1

Rig, I jumped from 12,500'. They asked if I wanted to upgrade to 14,000' for an extra 15 seconds of free fall for $30 extra.

I'm guessing if the orignal chute would hav opened, he might have let me steer.

Yes, they cut the video right as we began to go into a crazy spin. I called and asked if I could get the unedited video and he said they only provide the edited version for marketing reasons.

My 16yr old would have went but he has to be 18. He wants to have a skydive bday party with two of his friends.

My wife suggested that I go last year but it didn't work out with our schedule. Would be cool to make it one year.

I had a bad tumble experience when I first jumped out. When it was my turn out the plane, I crawled out on the wing and step and he tapped me on the back and yelled something. He was reminding me to arch my back, but I thought he was telling me to jump, so I jumped and being bigger than he was, he came along for the ride. I forgot to arch my back and we were just tumbling end over end really fast, but then he yelled at me to arch my back, and away from the prop wash, I could tell what he was saying so I arched and pretty much everything else went text book. ;)

You did not address April !!! What say ye??

Rog

Happy Birthday Youthman!!!......I will let you and all the rest jump from the plane. I'll watch from the ground with a beer, and rake the grass for a nice soft landing... :emotion-21:  :emotion-22:....I like the ground, and gardening, and............The ground :mellow:....."Hello ground" :emotion-55:  

Edited by Audio Android

Happy Birthday Youthman!!!......I will let you and all the rest jump from the plane. I'll watch from the ground with a beer, and rake the grass for a nice soft landing... :emotion-21:  :emotion-22:....I like the ground, and gardening, and............The ground :mellow:....."Hello ground" :emotion-55:

Dude! I got news for you.... you're not getting out of here alive, so live life while you can !! ;)

Rog

• Moderators
you're not getting out of here alive, so live life while you can !! ;)

I've always been on the adventurous side but the risks I take are calculated risks...ones that are "relatively" safe.  There is a risk with everything in life.  Guy from our church recently was on interstate....traffic came to a sudden stop.  He hit the brakes, back end went squirrelly and he ended up laying the bike down in the grass doing 60mph.  I know I only have one life to live.  I need to take care of this body as best as I can with the very limited time that I have but I also have no desire to live inside of a box either.  I don't want to just live life...I want to live an abundant life.   :D 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Extending it is not really up to us, we can only cut it short.

I try to have fun........considering I will be 59 very shortly I keep the fun on the side of also being old, slow and steady is the goal. 

Now Youthman your a young guy, have fun but don't be on the dumb side of fun, you do want to get old eventually. (in one piece)

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2