RSW-15, EV, Tuba Subs For Sale...

SWL

For Sale:

RSW-15 in black satin. 7/10 due to age. Cosmetically in very good condition, performs flawlessly. Only known defects are that the two bottom pegs on the grill are broken (previous owner) but can easily be fixed with a couple of screws I just haven't had the time. $550.00.

Table Tuba Long Style Horn Loaded Subwoofer (Bill Fitzmaurice design).https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/155858-jasons-chicagoland-make-room-for-other-stuff-sale/

It has been painted flat black. Performs flawlessly and requires very little power. I'm not selling because I'm dissatisfied with it...in fact this sub is what has inspired me to experiment with other Tuba subs. This is an inexpensive way to find out what horn loaded subs are all about. $400.00.

EV ELX118......18" subs (2) http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=1075

'Like new' condition. Never took them out of the house. Although outdoors or larger rooms will benefit these subs. My rooms are too small. $250.00 each or both for $400.00.

I will not ship any of these subs but like I've done in the past, I have no problem driving 100 miles one way to meet. The subs are here and ready for a demo if you'd like. I'm in Twin Lakes, WI.

If you want pics, let me know via PM.

The only reason I'm selling these is to fund future horn loaded subs. They have really gotten my attention.

Thanks for looking. :)

-Scott

Edited by SWL

Scott

Bad timing, the subs a great deal and I'm in Crystal Lake

Maybe if it's still around after Christmas

GLWS

Mark

Yeah, you're very close and that would work out great. I'll keep you in mind as well if they're still available.

• 4 months later...

I plan to create a separate thread regarding the tuba subs and few other things, but what I want to say here is a couple things --

First of all, SWL is a cool dude and great to deal with.  I was fortunate enough to get a referral to him from another member here.  I had originally contacted Jason str, and discussed having a tuba HT built for me.  Due to a budget issue (my issue), I have to wait on that.  But in the meantime, he connected me to SWL here.  I ended up taking the RSW simply because it matched so well with my setup and system.

With that said, I'd like to take a moment to talk about the tuba subs.  I had read A LOT here and elsewhere about them and I know many have opinions about them.  But have you heard them?  I have.  And they are extraordinary.  When you hear the name "tuba", or see the designs, they look clunky, big, chunky, basically something like "there's no f****** way that thing can play real bass like a normal ported sub".   Um that's wrong, very wrong.

SWL had 2 of them going in his living room, working with some beautiful modified KLF30s, and a very well treated room.  The sound was extraordinary.  You could not tell where they were, I actually asked was that a treatment and he said no, those are TWO of them low profile, standing up, playing together.

My thoughts on these were blown away...they are tight, musical, powerful without a resonance or a murmur.  They are every bit what a typical ported sub can do and more.

And with that said, since this is not my rant/rave thread...SWL has a beautiful tuba sub available and at a great price.  If you haven't heard one and are looking for a great sub at a great price, I strongly suggest you go listen.  If nothing else, you'll make a friend and learn something.  Anybody who says those tuba subs don't do the job either haven't listened to one, or have a really strong opinion based upon knowledge I don't have.  

Can't thank SWL enough, I figure if nothing else a strong endorsement for him and his wares should help the process!

RK

• Like 2

Thanks RK! Since the RSW was gone I decided to play with the TTLS and after some more experimenting with locations.

..I've decided to hang onto it.

So as far as this thread goes, the only thing left are the 18 inch EV subs. I'm lowering the price to $300 for the pair. They're not really for HT but rather to use in a very large room or preferably outdoors to just let the music rip.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...