Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what are you buying?

wvu80

• Moderators

Just got back from Costco, buying the Thanksgiving turkey etc..... They have a 65" Samsung 4K on sale for $1200. I am thinking that is a pretty good deal.

Check the spec's, native refresh rate, active zones for back lighting and connections plus apps if there important to you. I say this because every Samsung i looked at was no where in my price range with equal features, I wanted a Samsung originally.  Sounds like a great deal.

what is the refresh rate on your model?

240 without any of the BS programs running, I have them turned off because some of those programs by different companies can cause jitter, so they say I haven't turned it on since we got it.

If this can be had for $999 it's a steal

http://www.vizio.com/m-series

It's Black Friday Monday!  Wait, no, it's pre-Black Friday, or was that all last week?

Uh, it's Monday of Black Friday Week.  :unsure:

All I know is, I have a boatload of Black Friday "Deals" in my inbox.  :D

+++

I'm glad I did my research in the last few weeks.  I found a flashlight with the exact same part number, yet has two very different ratings in the lumen output.  The "on-line" version is a piece of crap!

And thanks to Mr. Met Outfitter I was able to look past the marketing hype to zero in on a light that fits my needs and price range.  I'm going to spend X number of dollars anyway, so why not get the right thing the first time?

Thanks to the research, I think I am going to also skip past the "Black Friday" special on drills and spend the extra twenty bucks to get the kit with the batteries that are not brain damaged.  You really have to read carefully to figure out which batteries are "+1" or "Mini lightweight batteries" or whatever.  I know what specs I am looking for and most of the time on the on-line ads, I still can't find truth in advertising.  :dry:

I might even spend a little more than that and get the Ridgid drill which has a LIFETIME warranty on both battery and tool. 

A lifetime warranty for me would only be a short while, but for my 27 year-old son, hopefully that will be a looong warranty period.  B)

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the vacuum cleaner conversation, my aunt just posted this.  Early Christmas present from her husband.  LOL.  She's all excited, apparently it's a Shark or something.  

12321315_10205497568094947_8999261866111

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Thanks to the research, I think I am going to also skip past the "Black Friday" special on drills and spend the extra twenty bucks to get the kit with the batteries that are not brain damaged.

I know it's considered bad form to quote yourself, but... :rolleyes:

Because my son's request for a cordless drill was so specific, I discussed it with him (don't tell his mom).  He was leaning towards getting more tools, and less battery.  His reasoning is sound, as he is not going to be building houses.  He just has a couple of projects around the house in mind.

I ended up with this 4-tool Porter Cable combo with a Cyber Monday discount.  It has a drill, sawsall, light and circular saw, with two medium power batteries and 3-year warranty.  At that price level everything is a compromise but I think the kit is usable for the DIY guy or weekend warrior.  I'm hoping he can can get some use out it.

885911417105lg.jpg

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

If I were getting cordless power tools, I'd try to get some that shared the batteries with some of the job site radios.  I think that's a neat system.  

Just about all those combo kits share batteries, Black and Decker, DeWalt, they all do it.  That's part of their charm.  :)

As long as you don't mind using up a valuable tool battery and don't mind picking up your favorite brand's $169 boom box.  :blink:

885911056793lg.jpg

Edited by wvu80