Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what are you buying?

wvu80

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a new TV this year. My Plasma is 5-6 years old and the PQ is still great, however I'd like to step up to a 65-70 inch. I've been doing a lot of browsing the last week or two. Intrigued tby the LG OLEDs but the only one in $2k or less is the 55" and I would really like to have a larger screen that that.

I purchased a Samsung 55" Curved LED 4k about 6 months ago and returned it 3 days later. IMO the PQ wasn't up to snuff with my plasma and the motion blur really pissed me off.

Kind of torn on what to go with. I've purchased nothing but Samsung's in the past but I'm a little intrigued with some of VIZIO's price offerings. I've seen multiple Black Friday ads where they will be offering their 65" 4K for $999. 

No Tv expert but I did alot of research and picked this Tv a couple of months ago, It's a Vizio 65", our last Tv lasted 10+ years so all this new technology was new to me.

No problems so far and it has a great picture and has everything much more expensive models have. Good luck

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m-series-65-class-65-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/3858039.p?id=1219606085774&skuId=3858039

The new 4K Visio's look surprisingly good.

That Vizio 65" 4k is going to be $999 at Sam's and Best Buy on Black Friday and is the model I'm interested in. I'm considering that or the 70" but haven't seen any advertised deals on the 70" model. 

I actually did get a vacuum cleaner for my wife for Christmas one year but it was a jointly agreed upon thing. It was an expensive Dyson model back when such things wasn't exactly chump change. Never thought of it as an insult or whatever. :)

• Moderators
That Vizio 65" 4k is going to be $999 at Sam's and Best Buy on Black Friday and is the model I'm interested in. I'm considering that or the 70" but haven't seen any advertised deals on the 70" model. 

That's a really good price, very happy with mine. I searched for a good while to find spec's like this in something I could afford.  

How about a Samsung 55" 4K for $899?

Or a Panasonic 50" Plasma for $199?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/21/best-black-friday-deals-2014_n_6186446.html

I'm kind of interested in another PS4 due to the star wars package, if you're buying that game anyway the console is basically $290.

Was reading that the 1 TB version needs to be avoided though, apparently it eats electricity, is louder, and the 500 GB version has some kind of hardware update that is real nice for whatever reason.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-500gb-star-wars-battlefront-bundle-jet-black/4512700.p?id=bb4512700&skuId=4512700

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Does klipsch usually run any type of holiday sale other than their 20% off ?

I know Best Buy sells the wannabe Reference Line speaker models for half off on Black Friday. 

Are those speakers decent?  I'm looking to purchase a set of speakers for my 5.1 system for under $1000 and these would fit just in there with the black friday deal.

Does klipsch usually run any type of holiday sale other than their 20% off ?

I know Best Buy sells the wannabe Reference Line speaker models for half off on Black Friday. 

Are those speakers decent?  I'm looking to purchase a set of speakers for my 5.1 system for under $1000 and these would fit just in there with the black friday deal.

They are decent for half off if you want to buy new. I would never pay close to full price for them but those speakers at half off are a good deal IMO.

If it were my money I would probably try and find something on the used market for an older reference series close to the same price but better sound quality. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

• Moderators

Just got back from Costco, buying the Thanksgiving turkey etc..... They have a 65" Samsung 4K on sale for $1200. I am thinking that is a pretty good deal.

Check the spec's, native refresh rate, active zones for back lighting and connections plus apps if there important to you. I say this because every Samsung i looked at was no where in my price range with equal features, I wanted a Samsung originally.  Sounds like a great deal.

Just got back from Costco, buying the Thanksgiving turkey etc..... They have a 65" Samsung 4K on sale for $1200. I am thinking that is a pretty good deal.

Check the spec's, native refresh rate, active zones for back lighting and connections plus apps if there important to you. I say this because every Samsung i looked at was no where in my price range with equal features, I wanted a Samsung originally.  Sounds like a great deal.

what is the refresh rate on your model?