Do you know someone with Cancer?

Bella

Aluminum chlorohydrate?  The stuff in your anti-perspirant? 

What was the concentration?  Warfrin is theraputic at one dose and kill rats at another one.  Too much Iron is also deadly, but we can't live without it. 

My profession was Civil/Environmental Engineering.  I have never seen an accurate news media report of an environmental issue.  They call dikes and dams, walls.  They repeat Earth First! and Greenpeace quotes without checking the facts and sometimes without attribution.  The tone of the reports is always hysterical, just like the Sacremento Bee links.  Assigning an acronym, '“DBPs” — disinfection byproducts', to a nothing (byproducts) is typical.  It is an attempt to add an air of science to a story absent any.  

Yes, I know someone that had cancer, very well. 

Yes, I know someone that had cancer, very well. 

Me too. And I'm sure many, many others in these forums also, as it seems more prevalent these last decades. Is it too much to ask that the authority tasked with no other duty more sacred than to protect the people, protect the people? You may not have an issue with your local water authority adding stuff to your water without your knowledge, but I sure would. Especially if what they are adding isn't necessarily good for me.

Concentrations too small to worry about? Who gave them the right to make that call for me?

And my anti-perspirant? I'm not drinking that.

Edited by Bella

You did. 

By that logic, I also gave permission for high ranking officials to set up private servers to store classified information where it could/probably was, compromised; I'm also culpable for the Nixon tapes.

Sue me.

Is it an initiation ritual that new members have to come up with a spiffy new pithy quip to impress the 'oldtimers?'

I didn't get that memo.

Wait...that one has already been used before too.  Dang. I guess I'm destined to disappoint.

"Sue me?"  People used to say that all the time. 

Not to mean, "go ahead and take me to court"

I think it fell out of use the more people started suing each other for BS reasons.

"Sue me"

As in, "whadayagonnadoaboutit?"

or

"I don't really care what you think"

or

"Too bad so sad"

or

"yeah, I did/said it.. so what?"

or

"go ahead and disagree if you like"

Is it an initiation ritual that new members have to come up with a spiffy new pithy quip to impress the 'oldtimers?'

I didn't get that memo.

Wait...that one has already been used before too.  Dang. I guess I'm destined to disappoint.

Never did know of an initiation ritual on this particular forum. 

Have seen some new people that did not play well with others.  Wait.  Seen long time posters that sometimes do not play well with others.  Including the guy in the mirror.

Can't see winks, grins, giggles or other facial cues that would indicate jest.  Makes it easier to offend others when that is not the intent.

And yes, I also know too many people with cancer.