WTB La Scalla II

funkyhambone

Hello all. I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving. I have a friend who is blind and is looking (I just had to phrase it that way) for a pair of La Scalla II's. He lives in Little Rock. Please pm me contact information and I will put y'all in touch. He might even ship them to himself so please go ahead and contact if you are anywhere in the 48. Thanks in advance and Happy holidays!

Yeah, he's talked to him but those aren't factory. Thanks. He's still looking. Anyone, anyone?

I sure don't have a dog in this hunt but it seems to me that if they are a prototype, made at the factory, they are factory and original.

I had the understanding that the prototypes used 1" plywood whereas, the production models use 1" MDF.  I'd take the plywood any and every day over the MDF!.  The listing says 3/4" plywood but it looks thicker than mine.

Hmmm..

Oh well.  Good luck to your friend!!

For what it's worth, the LS II's that Phil has were previously owned by member "rockhound"! They were prototypes from the factory and very cool ones at that. I heard they were excellent speakers. Not sure about Phil's price but I would not shy away due to "not factory". Good luck with your search.

Yeah, not sure if his approach does him more harm than good or not. Don't let an asking price get in your way when looking for heritage speakers. Make an offer that works for YOU and move on. At least with this seller, you get to sit in his living room and listen to the speakers on quality gear (usually McIntosh).

Yeah, I've nothing against the guy. Things are worth whatever somebody is willing to pay. He has affected the pricing in the area. People see the ads over and over and over and think that is the value. Luckily, I am pretty set as far as my personal gear, but there are times when I'd like to find deals on gear for gifts.

• Like 1

Phil is the one who bought my two pairs of LS II's!  I guess he must have been successful selling them as he is selling more LS II's now...  I tried to sell them for two months, and couldn't.  One day Phil showed up with $4800 in cash after driving 1000 miles one way and bought both pairs.  He drives all over to maybe make $1000/deal and this seems iffy as his auctions are always or best offer. 

He is a very nice guy and was a pleasure to deal with.  He said he sells a lot of stuff overseas and has built up shipping contacts over the years so I'm sure he's making a decent living over all.  I think his strategy is to figure out a good route and do 5-6 deals along the way.