For sale take 2: VRD, What's left

USNRET

Yeah not even Schu tire kicked them :P

that's not true... I offered up a VPI classic 2 with HRX and Acrylic cover. that's more than generous.

But with no amps, preamp or records what's a boy to do?

Amps and tubes are sold. Records pending payment.

Thank goodness! I was about to pull a A1UC and buy them because it was a great deal!!!!

Alone without packing it is 18x17x6 @ 40 lbs.

OK, I wanted to see if it would fit in my rack, but I have to move things around. Give me a day or so on whether I can make the room.I'm using one already for the other stuff, but need another one as I'm using a power strip now and the other one is full.

OK, I wanted to see if it would fit in my rack, but I have to move things around. Give me a day or so on whether I can make the room.I'm using one already for the other stuff, but need another one as I'm using a power strip now and the other one is full.

For rack purposes it's 17 1/4" wide and 13" from face to back of rear leg

For rack purposes it's 17 1/4" wide and 13" from face to back of rear leg

My rack is actually a shelf unit,sorry, it has glass shelves in it and it's pretty packed as it is. So I have to move a few things around to put it in my other set ups area.

Okay... my TT is tentatively sold, I have the cash. See what timing does to me.

If you are serious about VRDs and are open to considering the VRD stereo version, the stereo VRD amplifier in the thread at the link below appears to be a great deal.  The main differences that I'm aware of are; 45 wpc stereo vs 60 wpc mono (certainly not a significant difference with Klipsch speakers and not even a 3 dB head room difference overall), two power transformers for the mono blocks vs the stereo channels sharing a larger power transformer while still having separate voltage regulators for each channel (separate regulators, the same as the mono blocks), and the stereo version is heavier than one mono block given everything is on one chassis.

Also, USNRET is one of the few people to own both the stereo version and the mono blocks (with muel being another given his post in that thread); and from the quotes below both appear to be very fond of the stereo VRD amplifier.

Nice; one of these was my very first tube amp then I got a serious case of the dumbazz and sold it.

Nice; one of these was my very first tube amp then I got a serious case of the dumbazz and sold it.

I bought it from the guy who bought it from you... I appreciate that you sold it!

This is a great amp at a great price!

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160991-fs-nosvalves-stereo-amp/

could a had a VRD.jpg

could have bought vrd amps.jpg

Edited by Fjd

I guess Schu can forget about my morning post below as I just saw this afternoon post where the stereo VRD amplifier is now sold too.

The amp is SOLD.

Thank you all for looking.

could a had a VRD.jpg

Okay... my TT is tentatively sold, I have the cash. See what timing does to me.

If you are serious about VRDs and are open to considering the VRD stereo version, the stereo VRD amplifier in the thread at the link below appears to be a great deal.  The main differences that I'm aware of are; 45 wpc stereo vs 60 wpc mono (certainly not a significant difference with Klipsch speakers and not even a 3 dB head room difference overall), two power transformers for the mono blocks vs the stereo channels sharing a larger power transformer while still having separate voltage regulators for each channel (separate regulators, the same as the mono blocks), and the stereo version is heavier than one mono block given everything is on one chassis.

Also, USNRET is one of the few people to own both the stereo version and the mono blocks (with muel being another given his post in that thread); and from the quotes below both appear to be very fond of the stereo VRD amplifier.

I bought it from the guy who bought it from you... I appreciate that you sold it!

This is a great amp at a great price!

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160991-fs-nosvalves-stereo-amp/

Edited by Fjd

I guess Schu can forget about my morning post below as I just saw this afternoon post where the stereo VRD amplifier is now sold too.

Hahaha!!! Shu missed out on a good deal then!!

two power transformers for the mono blocks vs the stereo channels sharing a larger power transformer while still having separate voltage regulators for each channel (separate regulators, the same as the mono blocks), and the stereo version is heavier than one mono block given everything is on one chassis.

I just want to mention that yes the Stereo amp shares the same power transformer and rectifier but splits into two separate choke filtered supply rails for each channel. There is no voltage regulation.  I am pretty certain Craig doesn't have any regulation in the Mono's either unless he changed his design lately.

Edited by xxJPMxx

Hahaha!!! Shu missed out on a good deal then!!

two power transformers for the mono blocks vs the stereo channels sharing a larger power transformer while still having separate voltage regulators for each channel (separate regulators, the same as the mono blocks), and the stereo version is heavier than one mono block given everything is on one chassis.

I just want to mention that yes the Stereo amp shares the same power transformer and rectifier but splits into two separate choke filtered supply rails for each channel. There is no voltage regulation.  I am pretty certain Craig doesn't have any regulation in the Mono's either unless he changed his design lately.

I actually meant rectifiers with the 5AR4 tubes.  I guess in my haste to help Schu out and get the post out there for Schu to consider I typed regulator instead of rectifier........ :emotion-41:

I actually meant rectifiers with the 5AR4 tubes.

Oh okay that makes more sense :)

It did sell to a forum member so that is a good thing!!  Great deals don't hang around for very long, that amp sold 2 days after I listed it. We waited until after the holiday to ship and I just got around to updating the thread. I had lots of offers which is clearly a testament to the amps reputation around here.