Good deals here

Arrow#422

Just so everyone understands, if the original poster is in talks for any of the goods he is sharing a link to, I am assuming he would not be posting said alert in the forum. At the same time I do not understand why anybody here would try to sabotage a fellow forum member to drive up prices. That seems rather strange to me if you yourself are not interested.

Just my two cents

• Like 3

Just so everyone understands, if the original poster is in talks for any of the goods he is sharing a link to, I am assuming he would not be posting said alert in the forum. At the same time I do not understand why anybody here would try to sabotage a fellow forum member to drive up prices. That seems rather strange to me if you yourself are not interested.

Just my two cents

So I take it that neither you nor Diz Rotus have any recollection of the La Scalas that were in Michigan, that were supposedly kept in a music room, supposedly pristine, supposedly mint, hardly touched, raw, unfinished birch, fabulous, marvelous, the best ever, yada yada yada.....what a gaggle.

If a Klipsch Forum member calls dibs, I wouldn't try to shoot him out of the deal - even if it was in my home town. If anything, I would do all I can to help. It might be a cold cruel world, but I won't make me lower my ethics. I've seen people call dibs before and think it's a good idea to let the person try to make a deal. If it doesn't work, then it's fair game again, IMHO

I agree with the sentiment to a point.  

As between you and another interested member.  I too would not try to beat out another member.  Unfortunately, the seller is free to sell to the first one with the cash.  IMO, the concept of "dibs" has no place in adult dealings unless the seller recognizes and honors a person's prior claim or interest.  IMO, the best way to demonstrate your wishes is to strike a mutually agreed to bargain.  Too many times forum members express interest, hem & haw, ask for better photos only to be ultimately disappointed when a serious and motivated buyer (forum member or not) swoops in with cash.  It's naive to expect seller's to jump through hoops and honor "dibs" if the cash shows up at their door or in their PayPal account. YMMV

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

Just my two cents

So I take it that neither you nor Diz Rotus have any recollection of the La Scalas that were in Michigan, that were supposedly kept in a music room, supposedly pristine, supposedly mint, hardly touched, raw, unfinished birch, fabulous, marvelous, the best ever, yada yada yada.....what a gaggle.

Absolutely I remember the Brighton, MI seller with the speakers Jim. I never bid on them and even after the seller contacted me via personal message I failed to reply to him as I was never that serious about them in the first place. I have no problem stepping up to offer info to a seller, or buyer for that matter but I was certainly not trying to sabotage anyone else from buying them....or drive up a price on them to hurt an interested party. It seemed to me the sellers were not really serious about selling and were more fishing for info and pricing on them. I thought they were really nice and all but personally I have way too many speakers on hand already. I am not an a**hole who would step on another interested forum member to grab something out from under them. I sometimes act as though I am interested but most times I am reacting to the quality of goods up for sale, not trying to obtain them.

Tim

• Like 1

The Las Scalas referred to in Post #24 were sold to a man from Saginaw for $1,000.  Anyone who saw the original Garage Sale listing and photos knows that he received a very good deal.

The seller told me that she was annoyed by the sarcastic chatter on the Klipsch forum without anyone making an offer.  She was personally invested in the unpleasant task of selling her late father's LaScalas that had not moved from that spot since they were purchased new some 40 years earlier. She more than once said that there were a few forum members to whom she would not have sold them at any price.

IMO, there is a difference between a Garage Sale ad and an Alert.  Unless a seller in a Garage Sale ad comes across as a troll, they deserve courteous respect.  If the price is too high, make a lower offer.  Public criticism of the seller or the goods in a Garage Sale post might amuse the posters, it did not amuse the seller.  As a consequence, the forum lost an opportunity to get exceptional La Scalas for $1,000.

As to Alerts postings,  criticizing the seller and the item is, IMO, fair game.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 3

I agree with you DizRotus, there are many times when the people posting in threads come across as rude, which is too bad. I am a fairly sarcastic person so I hope I don't offend others when I post but there are certainly those who purposely post to offend. I do not see rude posters often in the Klipsch forum, but there are certainly trolls-a-plenty in public forums everywhere.

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1

One last thought and then I'll keep quiet.

People who come to this forum to sell Klipsch gear often do so expecting to find a group of knowledgeable and interested Klipsch aficionados, which they find.  What they're often unpleasantly surprised to learn is these same people have a keen sense of the market and are not willing to pay inflated prices.  The tension that develops between expectations and reality is often uncomfortable.

I'm certain that most here are pleasant, civil and respectful in person.  Face to face, most would have treated Terri with all due courtesy and respect.  

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the keyboard makes it easy to forget that real humans are at the other end.  In this case, Terri was reluctantly selling her father's prized La Scalas.  She was in no hurry.  It was very important to her that they go to someone who would cherish them as did her recently deceased father.   She was profoundly disappointed by the treatment she received here.  I urged her to be patient with the members and to tolerate the impersonalization of the Internet.  She was worn out and sold them to a gentleman who drove several hours from Saginaw to Milford and paid $1,000 cash.

Her post can be seen at: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/157317-1976-la-scala-speakers/

It would do us well, me included, to remember that humans with feelings are involved. If we wouldn't say something to a person's face, we should not do so online.  My opinion only.  Peace.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

Post your finds you stingy bastards !

Take that back!

I'm not stingy...

Do over, no take, re-kick:

Judging by my recent slew of alert postings, and the resulting acquisitions within this group from them, you can label me as anything - but stingy.  Congrats to those that acquired, and thanks to those that thanked.

Keep posting those finds, preferably without twisted bias.

Cornwalls available in post #12 in case you missed it.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

She was profoundly disappointed by the treatment she received here.

"Profoundly disappointed".....oh my.

"Tired"....oh my.

So, I guess the lessons learned here are:

1.  Refrain from asking questions regarding the provenance of an item

2.  Refrain from requesting better photos for an item that has an asking price of $1800.00

3.  Refrain from even marginally, possibly, maybe, asking for a response in a reasonable period of time.

And, just to gain a little perspective, would you mind pointing to a particular post or posts where there was anything even slightly "ungentlemanly" stated or inferred, or where she was treated badly or someone was rude?  I didn't see a single one, or, maybe I'm just not as......sensitive....

I started this post "Good Deals Here" to show 3 deals that were available & shown in post #1.  

That's it.  They were thought to be good deals, and now we've been guided into a re-hashing out of crap that went down months ago?

Thank you crappers!

So now the Brighton Michigan Lascala debacle raises from the dead - really?  Let if F'n die already.

I do remember they were great, sparked a lot of interest, and no-one here wanted to step to the plate and pay the asking price.  $1700?

Why not?  Because many here are seem to be quite cheap, or just looking to flip.  Great, to each their own.  

I don't care either way, but Seller got angry regarding comments either made here, or directly to her through buyer correspondence.

So be it - whatever - They're gone - why do we keep instigating and revisiting this?  

Or going over "dibs", price escalations, etc.  There are shitty people everywhere, those that are out just for themselves, and it doesn't take long for them to expose themselves.  

If you don't like a price, then take a nap.  

Don't belittle a poster for sharing an alert - We're just trying to help.

Don't bully a seller online through this forum - it undermines what I think this place is really for.

Going forward, just be niceR damn it.  

This from someone who has <300 posts - go figure !

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 3