Good deals here

Arrow#422

Now that's not very nice. It's a big country out there...

I wasn't quite sure if any of those 3 items were "good enough deals" to post.   :lol:

So instead of doing the analysis, or being subjected to membership scrutiny, I thought it best to just post my finds - only.

See how this can go bad quickly? 

Post your finds you stingy bastards !  

And, if you buy something found on the alerts, acknowledging / thanking the finder / poster wouldn't kill you.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 2

This whole "Alerts" business is complicated. Not everyone agrees with the concept. I do. IMO, knowledge is power.

In the dark days before there even was a specific "Alerts" forum, some members attacked other members for alerting the forum to good deals. They were upset when they lost the opportunity to "steal" a deal. IMO it's a marketplace, let the one who values an item the most prevail. Similarly, let the seller who is willing to take the least be exposed to potential buyers.

Related to the alerts controversy was the, IMO, misguided notion that once a forum member expressed an interest in an item, others should stay away. I recall members asking other members not to bid on eBay items that they, or a relative, were interested in. IMO, that is naive. It's OK to decide who gets the last slice of pizza over the family dinner table. It's foolish to attempt to allocate the last slice at an all you can eat buffet. The concept of "dibs" should have remained in grade school.

At one time or another we're all sellers or buyers. A fair deal is one that is fair to all. Transparency provides an opportunity for the market to work. Please keep posting alerts. It helps sellers and buyers. The only sore losers are the ones who were too slow or too cheap to stike a deal.

PS: Arrow-
I like your new avatar. I've never seen an Arrow in the flesh. It appears to be larger than a DN. Am I correct?

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 3

I have nothing better to do with my time than to sit on a forum and yell at my computer screen. LOUD NOISES!!! WORDS, WORDS, WOOOOOORRRRDS!!!

:D

You must be dreaming - WAKE UP & get your forehead off the space bar !

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

They look nice....and not far from me at all.....hahaha.

Before anyone jumps on me, I am totally kidding. Not in the market for more speakers at the moment, actually more seriously need to sell some I have.

Edited by teaman

A practice that was almost universally disliked was when members, who had no interest in the offered items, contacted sellers to advise them the asking prices were too low. Reasonable people can disagree about the propriety of that practice. I don't like it.

Often the flood of responses alone is enough to alert a seller that the asking price might be too low, A few days ago the OP, Arrow#422, alerted the forum to a Craigslist posting: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160815-klipsch-kp-201-250-detroit-area/ That seemed to be a great deal on some Klipsch speakers. Many here, including yours truly, quickly contacted the seller, but received no replies. I suspect the items sold immediately, probably to someone unfamiliar with this forum.

Transactions among forum members tend to be handled differently than those with total strangers, which is OK. Transactions with complete strangers are another matter. The first "buyer" with the cash wins. If a seller feels obligated to give a buyer a reasonable time to complete a purchase, so be it. In the cold cruel world, merely expressing an interest is not an acceptance of the seller's offer.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

A practice that was almost universally disliked was when members, who had no interest in the offered items, contacted sellers to advise them the asking prices were too low.  Reasonable people can disagree about the propriety of that practice.  I don't like it.

Often the flood of responses alone is enough to alert a seller that the asking price might be too low,  A few days ago the OP, Arrow#422, alerted the forum to a Craigslist posting: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160815-klipsch-kp-201-250-detroit-area/  That seemed to be a great deal on some Klipsch speakers.

Many here, including yours truly, quickly contacted the seller, but received no replies.  I suspect the items sold immediately, probably to someone unfamiliar with this forum.

Transactions among forum members tend to be handled differently than those with total strangers, which is OK.  Transactions with complete strangers are another matter.  The first "buyer" with the cash wins.  If a seller feels obligated to give a buyer a reasonable time to complete a purchase, so be it.  In the cold cruel world, merely expressing an interest is not an acceptance of the seller's offer.

In the link, post #8 is a poke at people who only drive the price higher, with no intention to buy. 

If a Klipsch Forum member calls dibs, I wouldn't try to shoot him out of the deal - even if it was in my home town. If anything, I would do all I can to help. It might be a cold cruel world, but I won't make me lower my ethics. I've seen people call dibs before and think it's a good idea to let the person try to make a deal. If it doesn't work, then it's fair game again, IMHO.  

• Like 2