Next Best after RF-7 ii?

ClintonH

If the RF 7 II's are to large, a lot of the suggested speakers are also large and may not pass the WAF.    Ever consider some bookshelf Palladium?  There are other kick butt  bookshelf systems that can be put together.

I actually measured today to see if any of the others will fit, it was late last night and didn't actually break out the tape. lol

I can indeed "just" fit the width of the RF-7ii but the $6500 upgrade cost for the front 3 still wont fly with the wife.

I can fit the RP-280F max so I will go have a look/listen to the RP-260F and see how those are go from there on those.

I have seen b stock new RF7ii's go for right around $1800us... shop around OP

Nope not in Canada, best price is $2200 a speaker plus tax. Most places wont ship and if they do the shipping and duty would add up to equal.

http://www.capitalsound.ca/Klipsch-RF-7ii-Black

If the RF 7 II's are to large, a lot of the suggested speakers are also large

This is true.  Looking at another rear ported large tower wouldn't make much sense.  

But, I don't see why it wouldn't fit.  You're only looking at 1.5" deeper than your current speakers.  Surely space isn't that tight.  

Yeah it's pretty tight. And the size will fit as I said on the RF-7 just not the cost.

Here is where they would need to go, either side of the screen is AT cloth grills top to bottom. Don't mind the mess and the 15" has been sold off and been replaced by 2 JL 13W7 run off NU600DSP and one 12W7 run off a NU3000DSP.

Sub_2_zpswzdtbl4a.jpg

12359566_1661692850745807_526627010_o_zp

• Like 1

Question. Can you order stuff from diysoundgroup.com?

I could, shipping would be on the high side for sure add quit a bit.

What would you consider off there? Only one I found that would fit my space and be a upgrade IMO (for the size/space) would be the 1099 which have been out of stock forever.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would suggest looking for the RF-7 & RC-7.  Can find them MUCH cheaper than the RF-7ii and RC-64ii and they still sound amazing.

Scratch that idea....my brain thought it was an issue of money....but you I re-read your earlier posts and see that there is a space issue as well. 

Edited by Youthman

Clinton, if you know what the 1099 is, then you will probably know the 88 Special.  Is there some reason that cinema center won't work for you?

Way too wide, max I can go is 13" wide.

I would suggest looking for the RF-7 & RC-7.  Can find them MUCH cheaper than the RF-7ii and RC-64ii and they still sound amazing.

Scratch that idea....my brain thought it was an issue of money....but you I re-read your earlier posts and see that there is a space issue as well. 

Nope I can fit em, it is 100% the price. Trouble is I have never seen a pair of RF-7 let alone the trio for sale anywhere in Canada. At least not that I have ever run across.

• Like 1

• Moderators
The RC-35 is to me very limited.

I would totally agree with you there.  I have always felt that way for the RC-3, RC-35 and RC -52.  The RC-62 is a much better center.

What kind of electronics are you running them with? Maybe that's the area that you can do some upgrading. If you're running a receiver, maybe upgrade to a nice surround preamp and a nice outboard amp?

I've owned RF-3ii and fed them 200 wpc and they still sounded small.  I can't see the RF-35 sounding much bigger than the RF-3ii which is what the OP is looking for.

I have seen b stock new RF7ii's go for right around $1800us... shop around OP

his problem is he is in Canada

And they are too large for his setup.

Me personally, I'd say that if you wanted to upgrade, try to get to identical lcr's and away from horizontal centers if at all possible, rather than just get bigger towers.

Yes that was my thought last night after running through this if the RP-280F isn't a significant upgrade I thought I would just order the parts and build a center channel to match the fronts. Parts are only $230 or so shipped so that might be the best way to go and see how it is.

I wish I could find a used set of RF-7 (gen 1) would make this simple, what fun would that be though. ;)

i just finished a build containing the Fusion 8 tower and fusion 8 alchemy center. and they are freakin sweet to say the least! :D  wish i still had some simlar sized towers from klipsch to compare but i'm pretty sure they would win that battle. like rf-82's since woofers are the same size. the center is easily better than most of the klipsch centers i have had. like i said i wish i had extra centers to a/b. i can say for sure that its better than the 450c that it just replaced. 

i just finished a build containing the Fusion 8 tower and fusion 8 alchemy center. and they are freakin sweet to say the least! :D  wish i still had some simlar sized towers from klipsch to compare but i'm pretty sure they would win that battle. like rf-82's since woofers are the same size. the center is easily better than most of the klipsch centers i have had. like i said i wish i had extra centers to a/b. i can say for sure that its better than the 450c that it just replaced. 

Really? A sigle 8" would be abetter option to the dual I have now? I would never have thought that but might be worth ordering a single kit to try out. :)

The picture of the 'dub-7' with that walnut colored wood grain is gorgeous!!!!! Where did you find that?

I built that and it's 2 brothers. They should be about 80% of 2 JL F113 and 1 JL F112, but with better room eq options once I get a chance to get measurements etc.

This was my last (first HT sub) build way back about 8 years ago.

9212015144758_zps0gs3sdtz.jpg

9212015144718_zpsftsaqzph.jpg

The fusion towers I built have dual 8" pro woofers. Same for the center.

Ah missed that, look to be pretty close to the same size as the ones I have but shorter. I tried to see what shipping for the 3 would be but it wont quote me so I'll have to email them and see if they are even offering shipping to Canada.

This would be a upgrade then? I ask since it uses pretty much the same setup, drivers etc. They are good for HT use? My setup is 100% HT I don't think I have listened to more than 5 min of music on my system since I got em 8 years ago.

Sorry but tht is wrong. It uses the same size drivers but they are no where near the same. The 8" pro woofers are more efficient and beefier than the 8" drivers from your towers. The tweeter is much larger. The one In the seos seems to be about the same size at the 1.25" that was in my rf-63's. My seos are currently at a friends who has about a 15,000$ legacy setup for home theater and he is loving them. And his legacys are crazy nice.