How much are these worth? Klipschorns Boston

qwank

If the cabs aren't beat up, I would say that they are worth up to $3K.  The Walnut looks good and the cane grills do too.  The upgraded drivers and networks would make them more valuable to me as they would definitely sound better and that's what you want anyway. $2K-2.5K would be a steal in my books

Max2,

In my book at least, something is never a "steal" unless you would jump on it yourself at that price!

The OP said he is out, are you going to jump on these? I doubt it!!!

And, shipping should be a non factor as well

Not many on this forum have bought and sold as much big Klipsch on this forum as I have. I know a "steal" when I see one and jump on it, and this is NOT a steal sorry to say :)

Roger

Just what I need is another set of K's.   Walnut Cabs, light Cane vents and grills don't come around as often as they used to, at least in my area. That makes them worth a good bit more to me rather than Oak or Birch. I couldn't do the shipping bit, too many sad stories I have read. I got lucky the seller delivered mine in an enclosed trailer and his two sons carried them up my stairs to my area. I didn't get a "giveaway," but I got what I thought was a steal.

If the cabs aren't beat up, I would say that they are worth up to $3K.  The Walnut looks good and the cane grills do too.  The upgraded drivers and networks would make them more valuable to me as they would definitely sound better and that's what you want anyway. $2K-2.5K would be a steal in my books

Max2,

In my book at least, something is never a "steal" unless you would jump on it yourself at that price!

Not many on this forum have bought and sold as much big Klipsch on this forum as I have. I know a "steal" when I see one and jump on it, and this is NOT a steal sorry to say :)

Roger

Just what I need is another set of K's.   Walnut Cabs, light Cane vents and grills don't come around as often as they used to, at least in my area. That makes them worth a good bit more to me rather than Oak or Birch. I couldn't do the shipping bit, too many sad stories I have read. I got lucky the seller delivered mine in an enclosed trailer and his two sons carried them up my stairs to my area. I didn't get a "giveaway," but I got what I thought was a steal.

Max2,

I drove an hour and 15 minutes to meet a seller in Dayton that had to move and had a day or two to sell and he drove part way to meet me. I backed the pickups tailgate up to his tailgate and moved the speakers. A pair of 1978 lacquered Oak Klipschorns with Cane grills for $500 cash in hand. That is a steal ;)

Roger

• Like 2

Max2,

Roger

Max2,

I drove an hour and 15 minutes to meet a seller in Dayton that had to move and had a day or two to sell and he drove part way to meet me. I backed the pickups tailgate up to his tailgate and moved the speakers. A pair of 1978 lacquered Oak Klipschorns with Cane grills for $500 cash in hand. That is a steal ;)

Roger

Agreed. At two or three times that much still wouldn't be a bad deal, just not a steal. 

• Like 1

In New England the prices are a little lower than some other areas, I had contacted this seller when the ad initially was posted and was told $2500 but he sounded negotiable.

My 2 cents is that Klipschorns would be average in this area from $1200 - $1800, personally, I wouldn't be in the car driving to get them unless they were under $1000, but I have 2 pairs already......

Ed

• Like 2

My 2 cents is that Klipschorns would be average in this area from $1200 - $1800, personally, I wouldn't be in the car driving to get them unless they were under $1000, but I have 2 pairs already...... Ed

Agree.

I did a quick check for prices on Ebay.  The asking prices are from $2500 up to $4700, but SOLD prices were in the range you referenced.  So who knows what they are "worth?"

Mr. Wdecho directly upstream ^^^ said that the price is determined by a willing buyer and a willing seller.  If I were the seller, I assure you my Khorns are worth $2500, but if I'm the buyer, I'm offering $1000.    :D  

• Like 1

Max2,

Roger

Max2,

Roger

What can I say, people around here in Arkansas know the value of their Klipsch speakers, but most have been around them at some point in their life and if they own them they enjoy them.  Would you ever let anyone "steal" a pair of those TCSM's from you? How much would a "steal" be for a set of those? 

Max2,

Roger

Max2,

Roger

What can I say, people around here in Arkansas know the value of their Klipsch speakers, but most have been around them at some point in their life and if they own them they enjoy them.  Would you ever let anyone "steal" a pair of those TCSM's from you? How much would a "steal" be for a set of those? 

TSCMs have a top hat that has four K-55 drivers in each one. I have TSCMs with four K-55M drivers in them, I have TSCMs with four K-55V push pin terminals in them, and I have TSCMs with four K-55V solder terminals in them. So a pair of TSCMs has a total of eight K-55 drivers worth between $100 and up to $300 a driver, which means those 8 drivers alone have a value from $800 up to $2400 just for the K-55 drivers. (with my 7 TSCMs, I am pushing 28 K-55 drivers when I have them running :) ) I have paid as much as $2,500 plus shipping on top for a pair of TSCMs to be shipped from California to as little as $240 per pair of TSCMs that I had to drive to Pittsburg to pick up. I also own the #1 and #2 TSCM boxes ever built. :)

So yeah, $240 for a pair of TSCMs, yeah, that's a "steal" :)

I have bought a single Pro LaScala complete and working in good condition for $60. I have bought a single home LaScala complete and working for $100. I have bought five MWM double bins complete and in very good shape for $60 a box, so I feel comfortable in saying I know what a "steal" is :)

We just don't need to discuss what I got those 30 KP-600 boxes for ;)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Wow. You are the master "deal" thief indeed.

So, since you have so many quad K55 setups, do you have a favorite among the M's, V's and the soldered lugs?

To be honest Dean pounds his chest about the K-55V solder terminal being worth 3 times as much, and it can be charted out as smoother than the other two, but I don't really notice it myself.

Personally, I think you pick up a lot better sound with tri amping and time alignment and that will be my next indulgence after I get finished playing with my new KP-600s, that or some dedicated true horn subs for the system :)

Roger

Those 600s are rare birds aren't they?   What would be a fair price for a pair of those? 

It seems like there is not much info about them and I don't guess they built them long?

New, they went for around $10,000 a stack, or $20,000 a pair. When I went with Kevin Harmon and Bill Hendrix to Texas to get theirs, and assembled them from parts, and I finally got to actually hear a set, I immediately got on the phone, called my wife back in Ohio, told her to sell my 1998 Oiled Oak Klipschorns that I bought in 2002 when they were only 4 years old, and sold them for a beating at $2,000 because it was the beginning of Obamas first term when the market crashed, and was damn glad to pay $2,000 for six beat up KP-600 boxes that were missing all four K-47 18" drivers, missing all four K-46 15 inch drivers, both 10 inch drivers needed reconed, and I did not get any cables or any of the KP-600 EC electronic crossovers. And I was damn glad to have what I got. Best deal out there that I am aware of is Colter has 6 boxes with four brand new 18 inch drivers for $2,000. His don't have fly ware, and the boxes may need some work, but those four 18 inch drivers alone are $1,000 new.

Roger

Those 600s are rare birds aren't they?   What would be a fair price for a pair of those? 

It seems like there is not much info about them and I don't guess they built them long?

New, they went for around $10,000 a stack, or $20,000 a pair. When I went with Kevin Harmon and Bill Hendrix to Texas to get theirs, and assembled them from parts, and I finally got to actually hear a set, I immediately got on the phone, called my wife back in Ohio, told her to sell my 1998 Oiled Oak Klipschorns that I bought in 2002 when they were only 4 years old, and sold them for a beating at $2,000 because it was the beginning of Obamas first term when the market crashed, and was damn glad to pay $2,000 for six beat up KP-600 boxes that were missing all four K-47 18" drivers, missing all four K-46 15 inch drivers, both 10 inch drivers needed reconed, and I did not get any cables or any of the KP-600 EC electronic crossovers. And I was damn glad to have what I got. Best deal out there that I am aware of is Colter has 6 boxes with four brand new 18 inch drivers for $2,000. His don't have fly ware, and the boxes may need some work, but those four 18 inch drivers alone are $1,000 new.

Roger

Its a crazy conglomerate for a stack.  I guess it was for space consuming?

You obviously have some massive rigs. Would love to see pics of all your setups.   Is that a 7 channel setup for your TSCM's?

Roger

You obviously have some massive rigs. Would love to see pics of all your setups.   Is that a 7 channel setup for your TSCM's?

Yes, 7 channel rig.

Curently I run two Nakamichi PA-7IIs at 225 watts RMS and two Nakamichi PA-7 amps at 200 watts RMS, plus two Klipsch KPT-684 subs, and a pair of Velodyne HGS-18IIs in my system. Currently 5 TSCMs are in the house, two are waiting for when I build an addition for a totally dedicated room built 1.5 times based on the Golden mean cube :)

Roger

Roger

The KP-600 was way ahead of it's day! If you think about it, it is truly the first line array! Further, the design of the actual size and shape dimensions were designed to perfectly stack into the width of a Semi Trailer. You owe it to yourself to come to Hope in May and here Kevins four stacks and see for yourself why I sold my K-horns to jump in :)

Roger

Roger

The KP-600 was way ahead of it's day! If you think about it, it is truly the first line array! Further, the design of the actual size and shape dimensions were designed to perfectly stack into the width of a Semi Trailer. You owe it to yourself to come to Hope in May and here Kevins four stacks and see for yourself why I sold my K-horns to jump in :)

Roger

The 600's are way above my needs and dare I say "wants," but I would love to hear them :)

Im jonesing for a set of 402's, which would be my last hurrah, but I'm undecided on the bottom half I would use. The man on here that just sold the two to Claude turned my stomach. Two 402's and the factory drivers at a price that may even be a borderline "steal" in your eyes too !  I just needed to be closer.

Right now though, I have to thank the stars for what I have and keep on trucking.  I plan on the Hope trip every year, but the kiddo and summer flings here and there always send me in another direction. I want to meat all these blokes around here one of these days though !

Roger

Roger

The 600's are way above my needs and dare I say "wants," but I would love to hear them :)

Im jonesing for a set of 402's, which would be my last hurrah, but I'm undecided on the bottom half I would use. The man on here that just sold the two to Claude turned my stomach. Two 402's and the factory drivers at a price that may even be a borderline "steal" in your eyes too !  I just needed to be closer.

Right now though, I have to thank the stars for what I have and keep on trucking.  I plan on the Hope trip every year, but the kiddo and summer flings here and there always send me in another direction. I want to meat all these blokes around here one of these days though !

Your question as to the Bass bin for a K-402 horn with K-69 driver is absolutely a no brainer!

The MWM Double with the K-402 / K-69 absolutely crushes the Jubilee no questions at all.

As long as you have the real estate to devote, and 36 inch doors, go with MWM doubles as they are a lot easier to find and a lot cheaper. If you have the smaller 32 inch doors, then go with four MWM single bins :)

Roger

• Like 2

Too far away, too high, too close to Christmas, and I have too much stuff already. 

Thanks for posting though. 

WEB, Other than that, what's stopping you? :D:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know - right? 

It might be the leading two on the price, or that I have the MCM 1900 and they really do make the Khorn and LaScala look and sound like toys.  :P

Roger

Roger

<snip>

The MWM Double with the K-402 / K-69 absolutely crushes the Jubilee no questions at all.

As long as you have the real estate to devote, and 35 inch doors, go with MWM doubles as they are a lot easier to find and a lot cheaper. If you have the smaller 32 inch doors, then go with four MWM single bins :)

Roger

This ^

I have the double. IMHO, it's not just getting them inside - they use a lot of floor space...but worth it  B)