2016 2way

justinsweber

I started this project by requesting baffles from Dave. Though I love my 3way with ES networks, I am more found of 2ways and have a small room which doesn't benefit from a tweeter. 

I had ordered ES500s from ALK but after he posted the idea of the Brickwall filter I was super excited and changed the order. Al is still in process of laying out and assembling. The Slope is significant increased. I hope Ill bring to Newport, but my attendance is a toss up. If just for me, Ill be using B&C DE750s, but if bringing to Newport it will be the Radian with Be diaphragms. 

gallery_36992_317_10921.jpg

gallery_36992_317_53768.jpg

gallery_36992_317_51846.jpg

gallery_36992_317_138901.png

I've done both.   Had the Elipitrac on some 904's for awhile with an ESN600Hz XO.  Even had a local friend with them for awhile.  I wish I still had the Networks.

Can you tell us more of this Brickwall filter or link me somewhere.  I see your schematic......but new to me.

A bit from Als FB page on it. "BRICK-WALL crossover - If I made a crossover with slopes faster than my "extreme-slope" networks I would have to call it a brick-wall crossover. The overlap bandwidth is only about 20 Hz wide! I did this one to see if it was possible to tune out the 5 dB dip that always seems to happen around 200 Hz through the woofer filter. The extra parts it would require would give me more elements to work with to tune out the effect of the K33 driver's weird impedance curve. I didn't think so, but I thought I would try it anyhow. The answer is NO! 200 Hz is too low to be influenced by the filter element values. I tried playing with the classic R-C "Zobel" across the woofer too. That didn't help either. This particular network is just too involved to actually build. It requires too many parts! If I did though, it would be a 600 Hz crossover for the Cornwall and just MIGHT fit inside!"

Cozy coupe? Never heard a driver by that name. I use the eminence Kapa 15c. It does dig deep with Als network. He has tested many of the "compatible" woofers and has plots on his page. Must that everyone thinks works right, do in fact work as thy should.

I wish we had some super crazy awsome woofer but none yet.

Cozy coupe? Never heard a driver by that name. I use the eminence Kapa 15c. It does dig deep with Als network. He has tested many of the "compatible" woofers and has plots on his page. Must that everyone thinks works right, do in fact work as thy should.

I wish we had some super crazy awsome woofer but none yet.

I noticed you front mount your 15c's, have you ever rear mounted them in a Cornwall or alike.  I ask as I have a pair and am thinking of throwing them in my Cornwalls.

Edited by duder1982

I've added to a pair of stock Cornwall great results. It's a no brainier swap in. If you have a k33 already may consider crossovers or new tweeter.

I have Crites cast frame in there now. However i originally purchased those and a single for my lcr in my basement. At least i know the 15c's are worthy of the Cornwall.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...