Media Component Rack / Shelf Unit

Arrow#422

No preference, I was just wondering if the glass strength was an issue, or a non-issue.

Strength trumps looks & I'm still looking for vendors & their various offerings.

Any further recommendations other than DIY builds?

(not that I'm afraid of going that route)

Just got a Salamander Designs 337 for my home theater.  Very high WAF because everything is hidden.  No cables showing.  A little finicky to assemble but very high quality and easily customizable to your components.  The shelf bay on the right has a 3" extension back-panel to provide extra clearance for a deep McIntosh amp, cables and air flow.  I have a couple of slide-out shelves too.  Get the optional wheels.  Center channel speaker is inside the top of the middle bay.  Please excuse my kid's Xrocker gaming chair - which is surprising comfortable for adults (I hear) and actually sounds great.

post-61736-0-96380000-1453940310_thumb.j

Is "her" name by chance Chris, Kim, Kyle, Lynn, Sean, Sam, or Tracy?  lol  

I'd PASS - due to the dreaded mullet hair style & her "man hands".

BTW, I've found that if you look them in the eyes, any conversation will last much longer - especially if not caught Ooogling.

As for the shelving unit, vertical considerations at this point, as TV stands are seemingly everywhere.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

The rack shown lacks the necessary support for the assumed weight which gets back to the original question.

That frilly white piece is doing little to keep those "components" from hitting the ground.

So, what is best - in your opinions?

Glass, or solid shelves?  

Enclosed or open display?  

Other considerations that I've not contemplated?

WHERE to source???

General AV / TV stands are everywhere so I'm not interested in those recommendations as I can find them in any store.

Edited by Arrow#422