Klipsch forte ii with carver tfm-45

fluidcool

I run my Carver ribbons off of Carver 575W Silver Seven t monoblocks.

OH .........I dream of Silver Seven's one day...... either the 7t's  or 9t's....... or one of those TFM-75's.......... and I dream about K-horn's and jubilee's and MCM's and SVS subwoofer's and and and...... yea I'm ill.....

Yea BillWojo TheCarverSite is great site I drop in the one and awhile.... One of the local member's want to come over to my house... he has never heard Klipsch speakers before....I'm thinking it will be quite the eye opener for him.... should be fun...

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Ok got my turntable out this is just sweet !!! My records come too life!!!!! Bought this turntable a few years back for the usb conversion..  I see why these speakers are popular Def leapard sounds like its live !!!!

really glad your enjoying your system....and in the nut shell that's what's all about......

My wife and I are really lucky..... 1st my wife loves all of my gear(ok it's her's) she was the one that found our LaScala's some 25 years ago.... we really enjoy our music.. But we are lucky that we get to listen to Klipsch most of the day. We own a auto shop and we jam out quite a bit. It's just me and her. We have a set of KP-362's and drive them with a Carver TFM-42...... and there's a few subs in the shop....

The TFM-42 is the same amp you have fluidcool but it has LED lights instead of the meter's... still rated the same 375 watts. Now we don't start the day by pumping out 300+ watts into the KP's.... we'll start with some good music to get the day rolling.... maybe just a few watts......but as the day goes on we just start feeding more power to those KP's.... cuz were getting into it..... it just sounds sooooo good.....I like feeling the music.....it makes the day just roll by..... in the summer time the bay doors will be open.... the music will be pumping out of the shop.... the guys next to my shop with the used car lot might be washing a car.... and I'll see there heads bumping to the music.... yea, I tell ya man it's great....It's like a seen out of a movie some days..... and when were jamming like that the Carver is doing it's job....puttin da watts to those KP's....

What I'm trying to say is.....it's not just about how "loud" it is.... It's how ya feel when your playing those tunes....and to me, turning that volume knob alittle more and more to the right during the day gets me feeling the music.... and again my man.... that system you just got.... you'll be "feeling" the music....    Ya feel me ;)

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Well i ran into a little problem with the ct-17, developed a humm.. Did some research online and tracked it to the power supply of the preamp. I guess the caps were getting old. thank god i know how to work on electronics. Had almost all the caps here.. Most I had were over rated, but seem to work fine, Still need to replace one. As the one i replaced it with was a cheap junky off brand  chinese cap LOL 90% of my humm is gone. Thanks for all the info guys. This is turning out to be fun :) Here is  the caps i had too pull outta the carver power supply.. If anyone is curious.. Some of the caps i put in were used, might just order all new.. Still rockin !!!! Oh yea Lots of nasty glue too that stuff sucks!!!

post-62401-0-12520000-1455545553_thumb.j

Edited by fluidcool
  • Like 1

After doing research too.. Looks as if replacing The caps in the speaker crossover might be a good thing also, but looks like a may or may not be the thing too do.. Some say keep it original. What u guys think I'm already impressed by the sound. Should i leave well enough alone??

• Like 1

The first time i saw Klipsch speakers was in a bar. That was back in 1995.. Billy Joes Picture show thought damn this place rocks... Thats why when my friend said i got some old Klipsch speakers in the Basement and some other stuff u can have I said cool ill take it :) ,But like i said didnt know it was this good LOL

If u can solder its really not that hard. Just read and read again the values keep polarity right .. do a little research look for bad grounds and i was in :) , but i have worked on TVs and small electronics for  a hobby since i was a kid LOL.. Seemed easy for me .. My ct-17 turned out to be all in the power supply.. But its not perfect yet , but i dont know what perfect is . I have not had this stuff that long :) I'm still just a newbie LOL

Interesting  speakers that Bob is building these days.  Would love to see a joint product from him and Nelson Pass.

http://www.bobcarvercorp.com/#!als/cwgy

Best regards,

John

I've actually had an opportunity to here these.  It was the initial demo at Axpona 2012 in Jacksonville, they hadn't settled in quite yet - but they sound very good indeed! 

• Like 1