how many here can successfully perform open heart surgery?

T2K

I've done the surgery a few times back in the 90's except for the anastomosis of the vessels.  Cracked chest, harvested veins, help sew in the bypass tubing for the aorta.  Closed chest.  Put in big central lines.

Weird things can happen under bypass IMO.  That drop of temperature and the low blood pressure "kept constant" (vs the typical range between diastoloc and systolic like 120/80) I would bet does something to the body in some that is "not quantified". 

You also have to consider what was going on with the patient up to the time of needing the bypass?

Performed a few open heart extractions on Whitetail deer over the years.

Because?
Upon extractly the still warm organ from the conquered whitetail deer if the hunter takes a healthy bite out of the organ he takes the deer's spirit onto his own.

Reminds me of an episode of Game of Thrones but that was a horse.

• Moderators
You also have to consider what was going on with the patient up to the time of needing the bypass?

Nothing was going on, just thought I would get one as preventive maintenance, well so far in this thread you are the most qualified by far.  B)

I've done the surgery a few times back in the 90's except for the anastomosis of the vessels.  Cracked chest, harvested veins, help sew in the bypass tubing for the aorta.  Closed chest.  Put in big central lines.

Weird things can happen under bypass IMO.  That drop of temperature and the low blood pressure "kept constant" (vs the typical range between diastoloc and systolic like 120/80) I would bet does something to the body in some that is "not quantified". 

So.... so far the count is 1. God Bless you Mr. JWC.