Klipsch Boxes

calhockey10

Does anyone have boxes they are no longer going to use. I am in the military and will move around I would rather try and find original boxes so that I could preserve the quality of the speakers.  These are the speakers I currently own and do not have boxes for them.  If anyone has them I would be interested in them please PM if you do. Located in western ohio but travel to eastern PA often.  I know these boxes aren't good for shipping and stuff but if I move them myself instead of putting them on the packing truck these boxes should be fine.

Looking for boxes for:

RS 52

RC 62

RF82 (1 box I already have 1)

2 RSW 12

RSW 15

RF 7 

patrick

It will be next to impossible to locate factory boxes and if you do it would be hard to talk the owner out of them.

Maybe you could make your own.

Wrap your cabinet in heavy plastic and make yourself a custom box from a washer/dryer or other large appliance box.

Yea I figured just seeing what was out there I don't have any plans on moving soon but didn't think it would hurt to just throw the question out there and maybe get one if I am lucky.  I sent the RF 7's home with my dad because I figured there is no way I would get through a move with the packers not damaging one of those.

Does anyone have boxes for RS 52, RF 82, RC 62, RC 7, RSW 12, RB 51, RF 7.  I am in the military and will move around I would rather try and find original boxes so that I could preserve the quality of the speakers.  These are the speakers I currently own and do not have boxes for any of them.  If anyone has them I would be interested in them please PM if you do.

patrick

build your own boxes double triple layer cardboard with foam on all sides. always place the top of the speaker down so the risers don't get smashed the flat top is safe at the bottom and always remove your mid drives and pack them internally so they cannot move otherwise they will break off the horn. Factory packages are not shipping cartons. Many will tell you they are many think they are but those people are wrong and have never shipped a Forte around the world. Don't use factory packages and packing and think it will take your speakers safely anywhere. People will tell you how they shipped their Klipsch around in factory cartons truth is they were lucky. so if you want to rely on luck get a pair of factory boxes. You have to think worst case all the time or you will have damaged speakers. an inch of foam is a minimum with double boxes made of triple layer cardboard. If you shipped international with factory packages and had damage the insurance company would decline your claim telling you that you did not pack them adequately.

• Moderators

Moray, great advice on shipping but I don't think that's what he is looking to do.  I believe he is wanting boxes so that when he moves, he can pack them for safer transport.....not necessarily ship them to his new location.  

I don't have any plans on moving soon... I sent the RF 7's home with my dad because I figured there is no way I would get through a move with the packers not damaging one of those.
Edited by Youthman

First, thank you for your service.  I have one RF 82 box you can have, if you can make it to the Indy area.  I believe all the Styrofoam and other packing the factory used is in the box as well.  I am not sure what happened to the other box.  Where are you located and how soon do you need them?   Maybe we can get someone to pony express it to you.

• Like 2

Moray, great advice on shipping but I don't think that's what he is looking to do.  I believe he is wanting boxes so that when he moves, he can pack them for safer transport.....not necessarily ship them to his new location.  

I don't have any plans on moving soon... I sent the RF 7's home with my dad because I figured there is no way I would get through a move with the packers not damaging one of those.

he is in the military he will be moving all over. You can use your back seat and a blanket if you are careful and just driving down the road short or long. As soon as you are talking cargo you need real shipping containers.

I don't need it anytime soon and I planned on coming out to visit indy sometime so I will keep you in mind and send you a pm so I have your name still and I will pick it up sometime in the next few months if that is alright

That will be great.   You are more than welcome to this one box.

• Moderators
he is in the military he will be moving all over. You can use your back seat and a blanket if you are careful and just driving down the road short or long. As soon as you are talking cargo you need real shipping containers.

I gotcha.  I somehow missed the "military" part.  I'm not familiar with how military moves go.  Didn't realize they ship items to their new location.  Just figured it would be as with any regular move with moving trucks.

I too would like to thank you for your service.  I'm headed into the attic to see if I have the RC-7 box.

I gotcha.  I somehow missed the "military" part.  I'm not familiar with how military moves go.  Didn't realize they ship items to their new location.  Just figured it would be as with any regular move with moving trucks.

I too would like to thank you for your service.  I'm headed into the attic to see if I have the RC-7 box.

You are right we are moved with moving trucks and thank you for checking

Good American made cardboard from like a Sears refrigerator box, blue or pink foam sheet (NOT the white crap) from Big Box, sharp razor knife, tape measure, long straightedge, careful planned finger placement when cutting, and not cheap tape.

Definitely takes way more than 5 minutes, and a big floor working space, but Voila! custom boxes.   Lars

Good American made cardboard from like a Sears refrigerator box, blue or pink foam sheet (NOT the white crap) from Big Box, sharp razor knife, tape measure, long straightedge, careful planned finger placement when cutting, and not cheap tape.

Use good glass tape.  Don't use duct tape, it will fail.  I'd send you one if I had one, mine was lost long ago.

Edit:  It just occurred to me, you could probably get some used boxes from other soldiers transferring in.

k2-_a600a7c4-ef4e-45a4-956d-1cce4d1011b0

Edited by wvu80

Does anyone have boxes for RS 52, RF 82, RC 62, RC 7, RSW 12, RB 51, RF 7.  I am in the military and will move around I would rather try and find original boxes so that I could preserve the quality of the speakers.  These are the speakers I currently own and do not have boxes for any of them.  If anyone has them I would be interested in them please PM if you do.

patrick

There is also custommadeboxes.com. I was trying to ship some RF-7s once that I didnt have boxes for and I priced out some custom ones there. I didnt end up shipping the speakers but i think the prices were like $10-15/box....seemed reasonable.