Wall mount for a Samsung 65 inch plasma?

jimjimbo

Anyone have a recommendation for a wall mount for a Samsung 65 inch plasma, PNF 8500?  Looks like many of the wall mounts nowadays will fit many different models and brands.  Samsung sells one, but it honestly doesn't look all that sturdy to me, and I'm sure there are lots more stout units out there.....I don't need anything fancy, just secure.

And no, there is no way I am going to install this myself, not even considering that...

Thanks for any help.

About 8 years ago I mounted my Panasonic plasma, 60".  These guys are heavy, right?

Monoprice had the best quality one.  I bought one that not only tilts but articulates -- it comes out from the wall any which way up to about 4 or 6".  Buy one that is rated above your TV lb-wise or at a minimum, has your tv's weight well within the range and not at the top end.

Mounts very easily, of course must go into studs.  Which one you buy, and which brand, is not critical.  Get a good quality one and get it up there, you'll be very happy.  

I always hit "post" to quickly.

I have been a "maker" all my life.

I've always made stuff overly heavy duty.

This product is SO well made and overbuilt, and a steal $.

I highly recommend it.

I was extremely impressed with the sturdiness and great design.    Lars

Sometimes I watch the TV when I'm laying down, even though it's not in my bedroom. Usually I'm sitting, but am I relaxed or sitting up straight? Maybe standing during a party? Fingertip tilt is actually something I appreciate with the Sanus, but you pay for that kind of ease for positioning. Still, a budget model in the category...

It will be interesting to learn about what others will also suggest.

lars take a look at their 6200.  Not saying it's better, but it provides more motion options.  Can still push it flat back against the wall...tilt one side out, bring the entire TV out a few inches.  Very cool extra...but not always necessary.  

Might depend on weight, but every option can also have a trade off.

I just hung a Samsung plasma myself, 55 inch, great lifelike picture. Bought the mount from Costco - Kanto PDX650. This thing is massive, seems to weigh 35% of the TV itself. Wrinkle black finish, tilts, and pulls from wall about a foot to articulate L/R. It ain't cheap but I caught it on sale around Christmas.

Ive got a pn 64" plasma... it does need some meat to hang well due to the very heavy weight. I am using one of the articulating units that hangs off the wall by 6"+. I have been wanting to get one that would sit more flush and closer to the wall but at this point I dont feel like moving my plasma any more... so damn heavy

Edited by Schu

Everyone's made some great recommendations and I'll be doing my due diligence and research....Thanks to Lars for the links and advice.  Doing a major reconfig of the listening space, and decided that this was a requirement.  Having the TV on a stand, sitting on the A/V cabinet was just taking up too much space.  As much as I change my mind about amps and speakers, etc, etc, ....I just have to have the flexibility to be able to easily change power cords, interconnects, etc.

Yeah. If you buy one of the ones pictured above (wide flat mounting plate) you will be able to hit two studs, with a couple bolts in each stud.

I bought one of those about 6-7 years ago from mono-price and that are/were heavy and well made for few dollars.

Keith