Quad RSW-15's

Youthman

Why dont you put the black ones behind the screen and the 2 wood grain ones behind the seating position to even out the response?

Room is 13' x 19'.  No room at all to put even a tiny sub behind the rear seats.

seating5.jpg

Not sure if you were actually looking for a rear sub or if the thread took a turn of it's own, but if you have 8.25" back there, you can put a couple 25hz Anarchy tapped horns in that spot. They cant match the output you have up front, but would definitely add boom to the back. I have a couple adding to the bottom end for my Belle's and love them. I saved the cut file on my router if you're interested.

post-60988-0-31420000-1458866736_thumb.j

• Moderators
Is it strange that I'm getting turned on by the thought of 4 RSW-15s?

LOL

Not sure if you were actually looking for a rear sub or if the thread took a turn of it's own, but if you have 8.25" back there, you can put a couple 25hz Anarchy tapped horns in that spot.

I have about 9" behind the seats (at least at the bottom where the riser is. As you go up, the seats angle towards the wall and space gets tighter.  I don't think I would want to go with that small of drivers though.  There is plenty of LFE with eleven 15" drivers that are currently in my HT.

• Like 2

Why dont you put the black ones behind the screen and the 2 wood grain ones behind the seating position to even out the response?

Room is 13' x 19'.  No room at all to put even a tiny sub behind the rear seats.

[picture excluded]

Not sure if you were actually looking for a rear sub or if the thread took a turn of it's own, but if you have 8.25" back there, you can put a couple 25hz Anarchy tapped horns in that spot. They cant match the output you have up front, but would definitely add boom to the back. I have a couple adding to the bottom end for my Belle's and love them. I saved the cut file on my router if you're interested.

attachicon.gifc.jpg

How do you like those actually little lilmike subs? I found the thread: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1238398-reed-exodus-anarchy-25hz-tapped-horn.html. Looks like about 83 db at 25Hz, and that's with a single tiny 6.5" driver

• Moderators
Make the riser higher to house a pair of the rsw15's? Just a thought.....

I'm not sure having a riser 20" off the ground would be practical.

How do you like those actually little lilmike subs?

I've never heard any horn subs....just recommendations from forum members that horn subs would be best to pair with my LaScalas.  Was considering the F20.

How do you like those actually little lilmike subs? I found the thread: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1238398-reed-exodus-anarchy-25hz-tapped-horn.html. Looks like about 83 db at 25Hz, and that's with a single tiny 6.5" driver

Good eye Mustang, those are actually Lil Mike version. I like them very much for my application, small room limited space, music only. I did not like the DR subs I tried but really enjoy these two little subs that double as a riser for my Belles. They would not keep up for HT or in a larger room without adding more but for my use, great fit. Crossed over at about 90 hz, small outboard Dayton amp (230 watt). To keep on topic, my idea for Youth was to stand them up on their back with the opening firing up.(not on their side like I have them) they might just fit between the wall and the chairs/riser. Would have plenty of punch to round out the sound there. You wouldn't want to blast out the back row out of the room.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Practical? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that term. :lol:

I would need a step stool or mini ladder to use the rear seats.  Haha

Heck, have you ever thought of turning your riser into a sub enclosure??

That idea has been mentioned before.  That would definitely be a huge project.  If I did that, I would want to build a Danley DTS10 but honestly don't see that happening.  I think I can add either Horn Loaded DIY or IB subs up front and get great results.