found someone selling a pair of K horns but says they arent fully functional and I don't even know if there legit..

AaronB123

Of course I agree with Larry C. The other tip off is the vertical strip at the apex of the doghouse. Sort of a narrow version of the Belle. In the Klipsch design the two boards are cut to a 60 degree angle (or like that). It is difficult to accomplish and might require a special table saw or a jig. The vertical trip is a work around which Klipsch never used, to my knowledge. WMcD

Gil, what are you smokin'? There is no way these are LaScalas. Very much the KHorn. though. The veneer is making the front look like the doghouse on the LS, but not so. Plenty of room to have originally had the tweeter on the front baffle. Still, too high a price.

Here's a link to an original. Easy t plug the tweeter hole and put the tweeter on the back edge.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147837-fs-khorn-73-kdfr-ser-4l609-single/

Bruce

Why even consider these for a moment??

Maybe for like $500, IF they sound good, but for anywhere near what the silly person is asking?

They couldn't even take the effort to move the crap hiding the speakers.

Possibly indicative of numerous things, I don't think any of them good.

Sheesh - You live in a populous are - won't be long till a normal pair - from a NORMAL seller will come up.  My opinion, Lars

Lars

• Like 3

Based on the modified square tops there is no way these are going to fit into the corner of a room as they would with the home plate top design.  The base bin will not function properly unless the backs have been modified. 

Edited by toolz

If you can't get more pics and serial numbers, I'd walk away.  Just the grammar and spelling errors would make me suspicious.  The tweeter would have been mounted above and centered over the squawker.  If that hole is not present they are not likely Klipsch. 

I was wondering about the same thing, John.

There has been a rash of scam posts lately that the Klipsch Collective has identified, but this CL ad does not appear to be part of that.  Still, the grammar was bizarre.

• Like 1

Of course I agree with Larry C. The other tip off is the vertical strip at the apex of the doghouse. Sort of a narrow version of the Belle. In the Klipsch design the two boards are cut to a 60 degree angle (or like that). It is difficult to accomplish and might require a special table saw or a jig. The vertical trip is a work around which Klipsch never used, to my knowledge. WMcD

Gil, what are you smokin'? There is no way these are LaScalas. Very much the KHorn. though. The veneer is making the front look like the doghouse on the LS, but not so. Plenty of room to have originally had the tweeter on the front baffle. Still, too high a price.

Here's a link to an original. Easy t plug the tweeter hole and put the tweeter on the back edge.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147837-fs-khorn-73-kdfr-ser-4l609-single/

Bruce

Right you are Bruce.  I give myself a big headslap.  The furnace filters interfered with my view. 

Actually I was on the couch which requires me to operate (and view) the laptop like an F1 driver.  (Looking through the bottom of my glasses with my chin on my sternum.)

WMcD

• Like 1

Well I had been talking to the guy earlier this morning and he was responding pretty quickly but when I asked for pictures of the rears and serial numbers he just stopped responding so I guess that pretty much gives me my answer. I appreciate everyones input. I had a feeling I should stay away from it as soon as I saw the pictures and the way the AD was written. I feel very fortunate to have found this place! This is hands down one of the best friendliest most helpful forums I have ever been on! 

• Like 1