Plugging up a KLF-C7

dtr20

So I picked up a KLF-C7.  Like most of the KLF speakers, this C7 had a loose back panel.  I already pealed off the back panel, scarped the old glue, and used liquid nail to reseal it.  The previous owner had some metal screw feat underneath the speaker to prop it up at an angle.  I am not sure if this was original, or if this was something that he did himself.  The screw holes have a metal thread sleeve inside the hole.  Since this is a sealed speaker and not a ported, should I be concerned about this?  Should I try to seal it?  If so, how?  I was thinking about using caulking.  Any thoughts?

post-59027-0-82860000-1460596066_thumb.j

post-59027-0-81980000-1460596091_thumb.j

the threaded inserts were used to tilt the speaker and came with the speaker when new.

Installation of the KLF-C7 Feet
The KLF-C7 is supplied with a pair of adjustable feet to angle the speaker up or down depending on
placement. Aim the speaker directly at listening height. If the KLF-C7 does not need to be angled,
cover the threaded inserts on the bottom of the cabinet with the self-stick rubber pads supplied.
The Adjustable Foot Kit Contains:
2–Threaded Spikes (one end pointed, the other blunt)
2–Jam Nuts
2–Vinyl Caps
4–Self-Stick Rubber Feet
For Low Placement, angle the KLF-C7 upward by screwing the two threaded rods into the inserts at
the front edge of the cabinet.
For High Placement, angle the KLF-C7 down by screwing the two threaded rods into the inserts at
the rear edge of the cabinet
Edited by T2K

I very much doubt that the screw holes go all the way through the wood.

They do. The screws are like 2 inches long so you can adjust it to the angle you want

That is surprising.   So, if you took a long narrow screwdriver for instance and pushed it into the hole it would pass straight through the wood and into the cabinet?

Well, I have just checked my C-7 and it too goes straight into the cabinet. Didn't expect that.   The C-7 is and has been a great center channel for the last 14 years or more that I have had it. No complaints as it is.    

Get a gallon of liquid rubber and, with the speaker laying flat on its top, slowly pour the gallon of liquid rubber into each of the holes. You shouldn't have any further problems. 

Keith