SOLD: Harman Kardon AVR354 ($200 Shipped)

johnnydrama

SOLD!!!

I recently bought a new receiver and now have no use for this unit. This was Harman's flagship in 2008. 

http://hometheaterreview.com/harman-kardon-avr-354-av-receiver-reviewed/

I bought this item refurbished and still have the box it was shipped in for safe transportation. The unit is fully functional and comes with all original accessories. Cosmetically the unit is in good shape. The one flaw that needs mentioned is on the front display panel. My wife when cleaning the unit used a scotchbrite pad to clean a toddlers fingerprints on a small portion of the display screen(Yep I wasn't happy). This made a quarter size flaw in the tint of the display and is only noticeable in certain lighting. I will do my best to capture when taking pictures this evening to display. I will post pictures of the unit this evening.

PM for questions.

Paypal or local pickup. 

Edited by johnnydrama

So....what do ya think About the 2700?

Not sure yet. It definitely sounds completely different than the AVR354. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet. I think I'm going to buy a Marantz SR5009 to compare and keep the one I like best.

I know a guy.  He wanted to buy one of my receivers but I am advising him to pass on mine and get an AVR with HDMI.  I will send him your link.

Edit:  Link sent.  If he shows any interest I'll send him your way.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

The 2700 I had was very shouty,I disliked everything about the musicality, nothing like any of the dozen HK's I've owned. I wanted it to at least sound as good as the 354 or 3600, with features that would have been enough. I was more than disappointed, the end of an era. A very well informed HK guy said after new ownership and total change of design team they're done, I believe it.

All just my opinion, and it may be fine with movies but musically it's not. The 354 or 3600 is on another level. I had a Yamaha 1010, it is not at all good for music to my ears. I sold it here for $200 ,less than I paid a few months later. It was not nearly as good as the 354 to my ears.

Of all the receivers I've had , onkyo, HK, Yamaha, dennon, the HK receivers always bested them in the 2 channel department. The others performed better feature wise but could not compete in the music department.

If music performance is what your after, don't let the power rating scare you away.

• Like 1

99% of my use for this reciever has been for movies and yes it performs more than adequate.

In regards to the power. It's often been noted that while most other manufactures beef up their power ratings, HK often under rates theirs and when actually measured they usually out perform the manufacturer rating..

Did it handle movies at least acceptably? I'm really considering it atm.It would be powering a set of Heresy's and a setup with RB/C/S-3's.

I know a guy.  He wanted to buy one of my receivers but I am advising him to pass on mine and get an AVR with HDMI.  I will send him your link.

Edit:  Link sent.  If he shows any interest I'll send him your way.

Thank you that is kind of you

I couldn't stand the way my Yamaha RX-v2700 sounded. I much prefer the HK sound. Plus the Yammy seemed to be pushed near clipping with even normal audio levels. I have no regrets ridding myself of that piece.

• Like 1