anybody to help me here? :-)

Arash

I have a website hosting space with 3Gb free space.

Send me the details.  If the 12 emails sending 2 tracks at a time via Google drive don't work, I'll try to upload directly to your site. You might need to purge as we go.  The total file size of the other disc is larger than 3GB.

Thanks you Niel I just downloaded all file from my e-mail. all checked and working correctly

thanks again for the time you put in this

• Like 1

You're welcome.

Arash reports that he was able to successfully download all files from the two test recordings.  I posted the Chasing The Dragon CD by USPS First Class mail today.  The cost was less than $15.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to Arash in Iran.

I'll leave it to Arash, whether or not,  to share the details of an email he sent me about maximizing the likelihood of getting the CD through Iranian Customs (or the equivalent).

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Arash reports that he was able to successfully download all files from the two test recordings.

I posted the Chasing The Dragon CD by USPS First Class mail today. The cost was less than $15. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to Arash in Iran.

So Arash got his recordings digitally immediately, then was able to get a CD shipped to Iran for $15?  That is a great outcome, good work both Neil and Arash!  :emotion-19:

+++

Personal to Arash:  I wasn't going to comment on this, but it bothered me that you mentioned further upstream ^^^ that you felt some discrimination from some other sites. 

I read the internet and I can see how many crappy people there are out there.  Discrimination is real especially on the internet.  It's just totally unacceptable in any circumstance and I'm sorry you have to be exposed to that.

I live in a part of the United States where I don't see any discrimination ever in my personal life against any person.  It's just people shopping, attending events, going to school, just simply living their lives every day.   I live in a good community and I'm grateful for that.

I don't know you personally, but I like the person I've met online.  You are welcome in my house anytime.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 4

You're welcome.

Arash reports that he was able to successfully download all files from the two test recordings.  I posted the Chasing The Dragon CD by USPS First Class mail today.  The cost was less than $15.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to Arash in Iran.

I'll leave it to Arash, whether or not,  to share the details of an email he sent me about maximizing the likelihood of getting the CD through Iranian Customs (or the equivalent).

Niel is the man! I really appreciate him for the favor he has done to me. I have what I wanted now. he even didn't accept the extra money for handling this and asked me to donate to charity in Iran and I doubled it and donated to Mahak charity NGO charity. a hospital that takes care of children suffering from cancer and support their poor families.

actually I asked Neil to do something to increase the possibility of getting the CD delivered here I'm quoting my own e-mail:

"could you please do me a favor and write down on a piece of paper "instrumental vocal-less classic music" and tag it on the CD? there are Muslim extremist moron maggots in Iran custom and music specially the western music with vocals is among seven deadly sins here :-) they might eliminate the CD at arrival so that note might come handy here."

Thanks again Neil for everything :wub:

Edited by Arash

Arash reports that he was able to successfully download all files from the two test recordings.

I posted the Chasing The Dragon CD by USPS First Class mail today. The cost was less than $15. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to Arash in Iran.

So Arash got his recordings digitally immediately, then was able to get a CD shipped to Iran for $15?  That is a great outcome, good work both Neil and Arash!  :emotion-19:

+++

Personal to Arash:  I wasn't going to comment on this, but it bothered me that you mentioned further upstream ^^^ that you felt some discrimination from some other sites. 

I read the internet and I can see how many crappy people there are out there.  Discrimination is real especially on the internet.  It's just totally unacceptable in any circumstance and I'm sorry you have to be exposed to that.

I live in a part of the United States where I don't see any discrimination ever in my personal life against any person.  It's just people shopping, attending events, going to school, just simply living their lives every day.   I live in a good community and I'm grateful for that.

I don't know you personally, but I like the person I've met online.  You are welcome in my house anytime.

Dave thanks for your kindness. actually I have been banned form diyaudio.com and the reason was "No Iranian member is allowed here" :(  we are really something ain't we? we are not animals because we are doomed to live in poor third world countries.

actually I have been banned form diyaudio.com and the reason was "No Iranian member is allowed here" :(

What???!!!!!!  That is outrageous.  OUTRAGEOUS!   

Thank you Arash, for not thinking that all Americans think that way.  WE  DON'T!    

+++

I know it's a small gesture, but my DIYaudio.com account is now DELETED!  :angry:

• Like 3

actually I have been banned form diyaudio.com and the reason was "No Iranian member is allowed here"

Perhaps I need to rethink my participation on that forum. 

EDIT:

I sent a PM to Jason at DiyAudio.  I'll share his reply.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

Arash,

You haven't yet replied to my email asking permission to share the contents of your email, but since you've done that yourself, I'll add to it.

" , , , some poor teenagers paint on BB plywood waste parts remaining of our speaker manufacturing projects and sell them in some local charity stores."

I've attached the photos you sent.

It was a pleasure to be of assistance. Your interesting posts and photo documentation of the amazing speakers you build more than compensate me for the time spent getting those files to you. Your support of local causes confirms my sense of you from the start.

Now, if Fitch would remember to reply regarding the badges my faith in human nature would be enhanced. I like to think he just forgot or has paid it forward.

post-6832-0-01420000-1464985139_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-70940000-1464985153_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

actually I have been banned form diyaudio.com and the reason was "No Iranian member is allowed here"

Perhaps I need to rethink my participation on that forum. 

EDIT:

I sent a PM to Jason at DiyAudio.  I'll share his reply.

Please don't bother. you won't get anywhere except their denial excuses. I know some other Iranian guys who are active there anonymously. I also have an account with American nationality so no administrator steps on my toes.

+++

Dave thanks for your kindness. actually I have been banned form diyaudio.com and the reason was "No Iranian member is allowed here" :(  we are really something ain't we? we are not animals because we are doomed to live in poor third world countries.

Wow Arash. Keep in mind it's not the community there who are prejudice, it's the leader or leaders. There is no way of knowing what happened in a person's life to make them feel that way. What seems stupid and petty to most may be an extension of deep grieving for another. Still, to ban an entire culture of people because of what may have been the actions of a few is narrow minded. I bet you wish you could somehow enlighten them that you are a great guy. I certainly know you are!

• Like 2

+++

Wow Arash. Keep in mind it's not the community there who are prejudice, it's the leader or leaders. There is no way of knowing what happened in a person's life to make them feel that way. What seems stupid and petty to most may be an extension of deep grieving for another. Still, to ban an entire culture of people because of what may have been the actions of a few is narrow minded. I bet you wish you could somehow enlighten them that you are a great guy. I certainly know you are!

thanks dude :wub:

I was thinking maybe I can find someone who can buy other albums I need regularly and rip them to FLAC and upload them in my VPS and keep the CDs for himself. I don't know maybe 50-100 albums per year. you know I can download many of these albums but I prefer to pay for what I need and not exploit someone's else hard work. I think 50-60 CDs is an interesting offer for one who has the time to do it. a fair deal IMO :)

• 2 weeks later...

Arash-

Tomorrow will be two weeks. Please confirm receipt or not of CD. While I assume you will let us know when (if) the CD arrives, a weekly update would satisfy my curiosity.

The money arrived in my PayPal account. I used it to buy music. Thank you.

Edited by DizRotus

• 2 years later...

Hello Arash,

I was reminded of you and this thread this morning while listening to Duke Ellington’s Caravan from the Chasing The Dragon CD you asked for.  It sounded spectacular using Sennheiser headphones converted to accept balanced output from a Pono player.  About the only time I ever listen through headphones is in the morning before my bride awakens.

Did the CD ever make it?  Do you still want assistance getting CDs to you?   I’m glad to help.

• Like 1