SCORE on some YAMMY gear :)

Matthews

Nice buy, great deal. Looks to be in great shape. Are you keeping it or flipping?

Yup, great score! It has a few very minor blemishes but nothing that would keep it from being a part of a very nice system. Perfect glass.  I had been missing my old M-65 as soon as I sold it.  This will be a keeper :emotion-21:   - at this price, would be silly not to?  Will likely be keeping the Custom Chorus, now I have the power plant back -YAY- :D

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 4

Now on the hunt for a suitable pre with remote capabilities.  The C-45 that came with it has none.  Looking for a Yamaha CX or AVC pre if anyone has one laying around, collecting dust?

Edited by Matthews

Wanna trade those for a laptop?  ;)  Very nice find and a great price.  I sold that series years ago and they were always stellar performers.  I know what you mean about remote control; I just enjoy having it.  I've got an older Carver C-1 preamp that's been completely rebuilt (200+ resistors and caps, IC's, new RCA's out back, etc) that sounds amazing and I also had remote control volume and mute added to it.  Also had my Carver M-1.0t major updated with lots of new innards.  Now makes 460wpc versus 200 and is dead quiet on the CF-3's.

• Like 2

Very kind offer, "AV". Laptops are pretty easy to come by at reasonable prices. The Yammy M-series, not so much. Think I'll be hanging on to these for awhile :)

Your Carver equipment sounds stellar! If I weren't such a Yamaha junkie I'd likely be searching out some Carver gear. I know "MKP" loves his.

Matt

• Like 1

Haha....never hurts to ask but it was definitely in good humor.  :)  I wouldn't trade that gear for a laptop, either.  Keep an eye out for older Mitsubishi gear like the DA-A7DC at 75wpc, DA-A10 at 100wpc and DA-A15 at 150wpc.   Those have been on my radar for some time now....kind of like Belle's.  But both seem to elude me in this area.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I have been wanting to try out some of that older Mitsubishi gear myself. Definitely on the radar! Some serious "cool factor" going on, would like to hear em' in action.

It scares me every time a set of Belle's come available locally - I really have NO ROOM and afraid I might just bring a pair home, YIKES...

GEEZE!!!  -  I am on a streak or something?  Another fine deal today.  Saw some "new in box" Paradigm Titan bookshelf speakers on CL.  Went to pick them up and walked away quite happy :D

New in box Paradigm Titans with stands

NAD 701 receiver/pre (w/original remote & box)

NAD 5425 CD player (w/original remote & box)

post-36834-0-15540000-1465063860_thumb.jpost-36834-0-95700000-1465063866_thumb.jpost-36834-0-94260000-1465063875_thumb.j

...all for Fifty Bucks :huh2:

Funny how things work out?  Now I have my pre-amp (w/remote) for the Yammy to power the Chorus - SWEET - 

What I do with the other stuff, who knows...  UHG! my little house is getting full

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

And for the TRUTH...

The Titans are blown!  The NAD pre amp, the display does not work however the unit performs flawlessly.  The NAD CD player, flawless.  Both remotes work too :)

post-36834-0-21100000-1465066994_thumb.jpost-36834-0-40260000-1465067001_thumb.j

Gosh, I had forgotten how awesome these Chorus sound with the right amplifier :D

...sh*t !!! - here comes the neighbor - gotta go :P

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

Wow.... You are coming up with some smoking deals lately! It's a possibility that there are lighting elements, or bulbs, on that preamp display that could be out. Or even a fuse. My dad had a bunch of NAD and Adcom gear thru the years and I want to say he had an issue like that on a cd player and was easily fixed.

But you got your remote preamp and good power now. Awesone finds!

• Like 1

Wow.... You are coming up with some smoking deals lately!

I would say so. :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:   Those were the kind of deals that used to be pretty common here in Central Florida a couple of years back.  Now it is dry as a bone.

Matt, great score(s).

Bill

• Like 1

Since I am in "demo mode", figured I'd go ahead and give the Yammy A-S500 its maiden voyage with the Chorus.

post-36834-0-66420000-1465069704_thumb.jpost-36834-0-88380000-1465069713_thumb.j

...in a word - WOW !!! this little amp ROCKS

Scored it at a pretty good deal too. $200 shipped off eBay.

I like it.  Its sole purpose is "demo" :D

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

Since I am in "demo mode", figured I'd go ahead and give the Yammy A-S500 its maiden voyage with the Chorus.

attachicon.gif6 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gif7 (Medium).jpg

...in a word - WOW !!! this little amp ROCKS

Scored it at a pretty good deal too. $200 shipped off eBay.

I like it.  Its sole purpose is "demo" :D

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

I saw that one.  Yes another fantastic score. 

I bet she thumps.

Bill

• Like 1