K22 Thiele/Small Parameters

Malcolm

Regarding Trey's comment:

Might this be the impetus for Klipsch to build.........

"The Heritage Center"????????

And while you are at it, how about:

"The Heritage Subwoofer"????????

I want to see the blueprints in Indy in a few weeks. "You will bring Solo and the Wookie to me"2.gif

If they can't beat us, maybe they will join us1.gif Of course, proof of PWK's wrath will be confirmed when Scooterdog's hybrid Reference/Heritage center begins showing signs of driver (organ) rejection........

I think the heritage centers already exist - use an exact match heritage speaker. Malcolm is looking at doing what several have done here - size a center to match the physical asthetics of your home entertainment area. I did the same - you try to match the original specs to get a near match for your center. With some diligence you can manage the compromises to please your preferences.

Trey - I tend to agree with you. The speakers as designed are pretty darn good with consistent results. To each his own when mucking with the original. A more esoteric venture would be to take the strengths of several (say Altec, Klipsch and Edgarhorns) and diddle with making a sound that is in some way unique and pleasing to your ear. Just remember - in doing so you will invariably spend more money than for a pure version of either manufacturer. In the end you will probably end up with a sound that is mostly only differentiated greatly by your own ear and is rarely worth the cost (in real dollars as well as time) to others.

And this comes from a tinker person. Admitting your addiction is the first step...

• Klipsch Employees

Yes, I guess I do have some Japanese ways about me...many years in a Dojo.

I am sorry for venting on you guys...and yes I do have a home made center. It is close to a Cornwall.

I guess I remembered the look PWK gave me when I ask him about damping the mid horn on a Khorn. "...I spent 30 or more years making that speaker right, there is no neet to mess it up..." ( I dare not use his words. For we may be in mixed company)

Lets just say, I wont be changeing any of my Cornwall speakers parts...

And yes PWK did build a matching center for the Heritage series, It is the Cornwall. First built as a center for the Khorns in 1959.

I understand were you all are coming from, and I guess I am gulity of some of the same things. I just have better insider info... Forgive me...

And thank you for not coming down on me to hard.9.gif

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 6/3/2003 7:09:03 AM trey cannon wrote:

Yes, I guess I do have some Japanese ways about me...many years in a Dojo.

I am sorry for venting on you guys...and yes I do have a home made center. It is close to a Cornwall.

I guess I remembered the look PWK gave me when I ask him about damping the mid horn on a Khorn. "...I spent 30 or more years making that speaker right, there is no neet to mess it up..." ( I dare not use his words. For we may be in mixed company)

Lets just say, I wont be changeing any of my Cornwall speakers parts...

And yes PWK did build a matching center for the Heritage series, It is the Cornwall. First built as a center for the Khorns in 1959.

I understand were you all are coming from, and I guess I am gulity of some of the same things. I just have better insider info... Forgive me...

And thank you for not coming down on me to hard.
9.gif

----------------

Greetings:

I was just cleaning out old messages and came upon this.

To my knowledge, PWK did use Eminence as a main source in the late 60', and I'm not sure what year in the 70s.

Of this my knowledge comes from owning 2 pair of LaScalas and having to change bass drivers on the 2nd set. This was due to poor bass response and on examination, found drivers had changed - both were Eminence. I also remember the name as Marshall Amplifiers used Eminence as their main supplier.

And Trey, yes we do love Klipsch Speakers, however there are instances where we may be able to "tune" the speaker to a room (my Chorus IIs are very bright and I get listener fatigue), so I am looking to tame that - the loudness contour on my C-20 doesn't do it justice - it would wind up sounding a bit muffled.

I am considering using the Yamaha CR1000 as a pre-amp as its loudness contour backs the mids down rather than boosting treble and bass and sending it then to my McIntosh 240s.

So in the end yes I would like to back it down slightly at the speaker point - the guitar solo on Seger's "Like a Rock could probably shatter glass - in the same room the Chorus IIs are even brighter than my LaScalas could be. So I need to do something - I already had to re-fit and staple one of the corners of the riser due to gap and also re-glue the risers corner braces/attachment pieces.

But I still do love my Klipsch.

• 1 year later...

Dodger,

I'm not sure if you are complaining about the Eminence drivers or what. They are one of the largest, if not THE largest speaker manufacturer in the world. They will make a speaker to your specs if you give them the specs. The more they make, the cheaper it is for you.

They make excellent speakers for the money. DJK could probably give the various manufacturers of the Klipsch compnents if you asked. I'm sure Trey could as well, but he may be more inclined not to. I'm remembering CTS, Eminence, Hepner, maybe B&C on some newer models, etc.

Even though I called Eminence and got the T/S parameters and part number for the K33, I can't order them from Eminence. I can only buy them new through Klipsch. Maybe I oculd, but they would cost as much or more. Otherwise Eminence would be hurting one of their commercial customers.

No offence intended.

Marvel