WOW! All I could say on 5 hr drive home

timdog5000

I have to give a BIG shout out to #Opusk2k9, he gave me a great deal on a third RF-7ii. I'm hearing/hoping will make a big difference in my front soundstage, although it did sound pretty great with the RC-64ii. The second reason to post is, HOLY SMOKES! Ive never seen so much Klipsch gear in one place. Opusk2k9 has a virtual museum of Klipsch audio. I was in shock and awe and to put it in words sensory overload. The bad thing is I had a relatively short time to be there we had spent the day in Chicago and picking up the speaker was last on the way home and the kids and wife were all very tired. He was very gracious and met me at the door with a cold brewski. I wanted to touch and listen to everything but unable to because of time constraints. Not to mention he would have had to take off work for a week in order to do so. I could not even concentrate on the task at hand of trying to load a RF-7ii  into  a Honda Odyssey with six people in it,  because I was preoccupied with everything that was downstairs that I was missing out on.  OhWell, there's always next time! Seems like a very hospitable humble gentleman with a truly remarkable collection. Thanks again Opus, I WILL be back for those 63's at least if someone doesn't snag them sooner.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

Will all this go behind a screen Tim?

Eventually, unfortunately for now my 73 inch Mitsubishi DLP will be making our necks ache.  I am going to build  a  U-shaped platform around the center.  I'll stain it so it looks a little less rigged then it will be.   Around income tax check time I will get an acoustically transparent screen but the left and right channel will always be out front .

• Like 1

I've read that putting all three speakers behind the screen makes movies more immersive and tricks your brain, and I believe that's probably true.   However, my wife and I both like the looks of the sevens outfront similar to wake junkie and metro and  others I have seen pics of. My theater has a long way to go to look like either one of those though.