R28F 4 days out Creastwood Ky

Woofers and Tweeters

You know , I find it a little humorous to see these for sale separately .  I have a pair of of them .  I know they're not world beaters but I like them and felt like I got a pretty good deal on mine .  but mine won't hold a candle to what these may sell for 

• Like 1

They're 225 every black Friday, along with occasional other sales. Tweeter issue sounds like the connecting plates between the biwire posts are missing and they connected them to the woofer posts to test... Just a guess. Price currently on this ad is great if that's the only issue, just run a little piece of wire between top and bottom posts and good as new. I'm very happy with my R28Fs.

This is close to me. But I don't have room for any more speakers right now :( especially duplicates...

Edited by Dkfan9
  • Like 1

Tweeter issue sounds like the connecting plates between the biwire posts are missing and they connected them to the woofer posts to test... Just a guess.

What? They have separate woofer posts? Are you talking about the strap between the binding posts? So spending more money to bi amp these is worth it and the way to go?

Mark

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Tweeter issue sounds like the connecting plates between the biwire posts are missing and they connected them to the woofer posts to test... Just a guess.

What? They have separate woofer posts? Are you talking about the strap between the binding posts? So spending more money to bi amp these is worth it and the way to go?

Mark

Yep, the strap. They've got separate posts just like the higher end towers. I'm not sure if it's worth it to biamp them, I've never tried it (though you've given me a good idea for an experiment). They do dip below 4ohms in the bass, so some additional current capacity might help them on the low end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dkfan9 said:

Yep, the strap. They've got separate posts just like the higher end towers. I'm not sure if it's worth it to biamp them, I've never tried it (though you've given me a good idea for an experiment). They do dip below 4ohms in the bass, so some additional current capacity might help them on the low end.

so after all these years, I just now found out that I have to have the woofers amped separately and the Tweeters amped to one of the other posts! So do I need 4 amps on the RB-5s since they have 4 posts? That has to sound amazing. Lyle, those RB-5s I sold you because I couldn't figure it out and they sounded bad? I know you want to sell them, since you never picked them up, can I try this and if it fixes the sound, I will buy them back

And will his help with the sound on my Khorns???

TY

Mark

so after all these years, I just now found out that I have to have the woofers amped separately and the Tweeters amped to one of the other posts! So do I need 4 amps on the RB-5s since they have 4 posts? That has to sound amazing. Lyle, those RB-5s I sold you because I couldn't figure it out and they sounded bad? I know you want to sell them, since you never picked them up, can I try this and if it fixes the sound, I will buy them back

TY

Mark

Hunh? Say wha?

4 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

TY

Mark

You don't have to amp separately, you just have the option. I personally have no idea if it would help the sound. Is think it would do so only if you need more power, or you want to use tube on highs and solid state on lows or something like that.