Any Honda S2000 Owners?

Tarheel

28 minutes ago, ricktate said:

Love that car...I cant afford one I have a 74 Jensen Healey I bought in 76.... But my friend just bought a 2000 ,,, S2000  about a month ago.

He has a question what other year parts interchange with the 2000 year model.

Most parts exchange between the 1999 and 2003 model years and 2004 through 2009 model years as the engine displacement was increased from 2000 CC's to 2200 CC's.

The early engine version revved a little higher but had less torque and power than the 2200 CC cars.

Lots of great information here on S2K.com. see: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

Is yours stock Wolfbane?  Considered super charging?  Talked with a shop in Florida that specializes and he says 420hp is easy.

Completely stock except for the factory hard top which I purchased with the car. No super charging for me as I prefer naturally aspirated engine sport cars.

I've seen some issues with after-market super charged BMW's. I would suggest looking at the engine forum on S2K.com for information on what/where people there have done this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Nice looking car, congrats! I've owned Hondas for almost 20 years now, have had a couple of Civic SI's and an Integra GSR, have always wanted an S2000.

Thanks.  A snug cockpit, no storage to speak of, but a barrel of monkeys worth of fun to drive.

That is a great looking machine; I'd leave it stock since the original owner did the same and kept it in such pristine condition. I venture to say you will decrease ethe resale value with power upgrades. And with an increase in HP such as you indicate one thing leads to another. Honda designed the drive train for that specific power +- a few horses. Reliability/drivability issues might follow such an increase in power. Leave it alone and enjoy some great Honda engineering. If your heart is set on Real HP buy a newer muscle car, one designed for whats under the hood. My 2 cents - 

• Like 1

Congrats on the purchase! Those are great  thoroughbred sports cars. Does yours come with 3 pedals?

You should consider auto-crossing it next summer. They usually have local clubs in your area and its about $45 or so for the day. Its a great way to test the limit of your car's handling in a safe environment. The S 2000 is built to be an autocross monster too. I took my Impreza to my first autocross last summer and it was the most fun I had ever had in my car.

In my personal opinion I would not supercharge it for resale value and that chassis is really only meant for that amount of HP unless you upgraded the clutch, drivetrain and wider rear tires which could adversely affect handling.

• Like 1

I had a 1999 Mazda 10AE, then a 2004 Mazdaspeed turbo. This 2003 was the natural evolution. Definitely one of my favorite cars I've owned. So many have been butchered, I would really leave it as stock as possible. Spend some cake on track days, you'll be a faster more efficient driver than what mods could do for you. Does it have the secret compartment? Also, check the oil regularly, they use some by design, similar to rotarys. Unfortunately mine was a casualty of divorce, I needed the truck more. My ex never checked the oil and blew up a $10k engine-karma. Enjoy it, it's a rare, pure car.

2199_55986471883_3381_n.jpg

2199_55986481883_4118_n.jpg

• Like 1