WTB: Klipsch Forte II's

eml182

Hi Everyone,

Brand new member to the forum, long time lurker. I am looking to buy a pair of Klipsch Forte II's either shipped to or picked up around the Philadelphia area. These can be with or without the Crites X-Overs and tweeter/midrange mods. Not having much luck in my search so far, so posting here. Happy to provide my audiogon or ebay credentials for peace of mind.

Thanks!

E

Edited by eml182
Posting etiquette

Hi E, Welcome!  :emotion-19:

First of all, superb choice on looking for the Forte II, what a great speaker.  The bad news is those who have them don't tend to let them go. 

I track Heritage speakers on an informal basis, which means if something comes on the market from a forum member or if a forum member finds a Heritage speaker, I keep notes.  In the last three months there has only been two sets of Forte II speakers to come across my radar, both of those in the Dallas Fort Worth area.  A quick search of Ebay found a pair in Washington, and a set in Illinois.

Posting on this Klipsch forum I think may be your best bet to find some.  Good luck.

Yes, and a lot of work if you're the one packing them. This time of year is bad for shipping large fragile items, not that there really is a good time of year for that I guess. I just put my forte II's up for sale a few days ago but I'm not willing to ship them sorry. Keep an eye out locally on CL and eBay, a pair will show up near you eventually, good luck!

E, do you use Search Tempest?  It seems to be changing all the time, but probably still the standard search engine for a national search of Ebay and CL.

http://www.searchtempest.com/search?search_string=klipsch+forte+&category=8&Region=na&cityselect=zip&location=26101&maxDist=3000&region_us=1&srchType=&hasPic=&keytype=adv&minAsk=&maxAsk=&subcat=sss

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Hi E, Welcome!  :emotion-19:

First of all, superb choice on looking for the Forte II, what a great speaker.  The bad news is those who have them don't tend to let them go. 

I track Heritage speakers on an informal basis, which means if something comes on the market from a forum member or if a forum member finds a Heritage speaker, I keep notes.  In the last three months there has only been two sets of Forte II speakers to come across my radar, both of those in the Dallas Fort Worth area.  A quick search of Ebay found a pair in Washington, and a set in Illinois.

Posting on this Klipsch forum I think may be your best bet to find some.  Good luck.

I also have a mint set of Forte II WO that I would sell in the DFW area but they are way too nice to consider shipping them !

• Like 1