WI/IL Peeps - FREE Turntable Stand

tlarwa

I built this stand a few years ago and it has served me well.  But I just built a new audio rack and have no need for this one now.  It's a sandbox built out of MDF, and the legs are 4" PVC pipe filled with sand.  It weighs a ton filled!  But it does a great job with isolation for your turntable.  The base is MDF, and it sits on adjustable spikes.  If you're within driving distance and have a vehicle to put it in it's yours.  You could probably lay it down and leave the legs filled, but the sandbox would obviously need to be emptied (unless you want a beach in your vehicle).  It stands about 39" tall, so if you have a tall SUV it would probably fit standing up.  

I live in Lake Geneva, WI.  I'd tell you I'd meet you somewhere, but I can't get it into either of my vehicles.  I'd love to see it go to a good home rather than disassemble it for the recycling pile.  

Tom

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwingylee said:

Tom:

Do you still have this. I may be able to swing by late next week to pick it up from you.

Kwing

I do.  There was a guy in the Gurnee area interested, but I haven't heard from him in a couple days.  If you want it it's yours.

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Is everyone in agreement that a stand ONLY is free?  

The turntable shown on the stand is not part of the  " . . . FREE Turntable Stand."  

Thanks for the clarification ... I thought my post was pretty clear, and I guess I assumed that someone wouldn't think I'm giving away a $3K turntable.  I mean, I'm all about the holiday spirit and all, but....

• Like 1

On 12/20/2016 at 0:13 AM, Charles Turner said:

I have plans to build a similar stand but I have a couple of questions.  Did you use sand like that for a child's sandbox or something different?  Also did you place the turntable plinth directly on the sand or did you use something on top of the sand?

My TD124 currently sits on a 4" block of limestone.

It  looks like there is a slab on top of the sand

Mark

On 12/20/2016 at 8:37 AM, tlarwa said:

Thanks for the clarification ... I thought my post was pretty clear, and I guess I assumed that someone wouldn't think I'm giving away a $3K turntable.  I mean, I'm all about the holiday spirit and all, but....

Hey, I'll take that $3K turntable, thanks!  I'm telling everybody you're a nice guy. 

+++

Seriously, nice of you to donate the stand to someone. :emotion-21:

It looks built well enough to withstand an earthquake.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2016 at 0:13 AM, Charles Turner said:

I have plans to build a similar stand but I have a couple of questions.  Did you use sand like that for a child's sandbox or something different?  Also did you place the turntable plinth directly on the sand or did you use something on top of the sand?

My TD124 currently sits on a 4" block of limestone.

Sorry, never saw your post.  I used play sand from Home Depot.  Comes in bags.  Then I used an MDF board on top of the sand.  I hammered it level with a rubber mallet which also compacted the sand somewhat.  I never had an issue with the levleness after that.