1 La Scala $450 - lexington

calhockey10

I know this is a simple question for a lot of you, but is a single La Scala the proper center speaker between two Khorns?  Is there any other speaker that is an obvious center for the Khorn?

+++

Slightly OT Question:  I track prices for La Scalas but I haven't tracked any singles.  What do you guys think of me including the $450 price but noting it as a $900 price for the sake of consistency?  Or I could just omit it altogether.

My inclination is to NOT include it.

27 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I know this is a simple question for a lot of you, but is a single La Scala the proper center speaker between two Khorns?  Is there any other speaker that is an obvious center for the Khorn?

+++

Slightly OT Question:  I track prices for La Scalas but I haven't tracked any singles.  What do you guys think of me including the $450 price but noting it as a $900 price for the sake of consistency?  Or I could just omit it altogether.

My inclination is to NOT include it.

Yes, maybe no....maybe

• Like 1

On 12/19/2016 at 3:27 PM, calhockey10 said:

Knowing where you are, I thought this might be in Lexington Ohio. Opusk notified me too. It's in really good condition and was local, I couldn't pass it up. 

It's a LSBB - Black LaScala. Was bought as a single to be used with a Rogers Organ in a church. The seller had the organ, LS and the Leslie speaker. He is an organ flipper, most of them tube organs. 

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

THANK you Magic 8-Ball...

I hope to use the LS as a center for the Black Khorn, for now they are out of circulation. I'll try it as a center for the MCM1900, but I predict that it won't be enough. I had the Belle for center duty. Using both with MCM was close, but two Belle was too much for Khorn. 

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

What do you guys think of me including the $450 price but noting it as a $900 price for the sake of consistency?  Or I could just omit it altogether.

Not sure about tracking singles. You might put singles as centers. 

5 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I don't see why not, except it's a single so why would you?  -Mark

Most speakers are sold as a pair, so that pair, consecutive serial numbers even, has value.

I don't know if a single is worth exactly half of that, or does it lose its premium because it cannot be matched.

James suggested ^^^ listing a single LS as a center.  I think I'll do that. single since it's only a line on a spreadsheet.  I'll let the selling price tell me if there is a premium or not, even though I can never really compare to the sale of a pair.  I'll just let the numbers be the numbers.

21 minutes ago, Weber said:

It's in really good condition and was local, I couldn't pass it up. 

It's a LSBB - Black LaScala. Was bought as a single to be used with a Rogers Organ in a church. The seller had the organ, LS and the Leslie speaker. He is an organ flipper, most of them tube organs. 

Hey, great deal!  Congratulations!

FYI my Khorns are black.  I hadn't seen many black LS's.  It seems like you moved on them fairly fast.  Where you looking for a center when this one came along?

I'm a bit mixed on what I like in those large speakers.  When I see some of those great veneers, I admire them.  But when it comes to my actual listening experience in my living room, I like the black speakers because they blend into the background so what I see is the TV and only hear the sound, not see the speakers.

In any case, congrats!  :emotion-19:

18 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Hey, great deal!  Congratulations!

FYI my Khorns are black.  I hadn't seen many black LS's.

Thanks. Mine are black too, but they used to be OO. Some %*^&! kid who used to own them painted them black. Not sure if I'll ever have time to restore them. 

18 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

It seems like you moved on them fairly fast. 

Because of its condition, and history = not being moved around to different parties and not being thrashed every Saturday night, it is one to grab. 

26 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Where you looking for a center when this one came along?

No, I was trying to stop buying and to save some money. :mellow:

I'm not going to say that I want these deals to stop, I just need more money. :)

19 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

But when it comes to my actual listening

Watching a movie, then black is desired. When listening to music, the looks does bring more to the experience. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weber said:

Watching a movie, then black is desired. When listening to music, the looks does bring more to the experience. 

Wow, that's it exactly.  I just didn't have the words to put it in proper perspective.

I was looking at this as a convenient center/tv stand between my P17Bs... I knew I couldn't get down there until after Christmas so I held off.

My Academy is fine (though I haven't tried the combo in this room yet--phantom center currently) but with my room setup wider than long and not wanting to get the TV up too high, it's going to be a bit in the way when I get a stand for it. Plus I'm always interested in trying a Heritage, especially an all horn unit. Well, if it doesn't work out for you, I might be an interested party in the future.