You guys are a cool bunch - Intro of sorts.

Srinath

16 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Very cool Dave. Have you checked out the adventure bikes? Been thinking about one lately

I'm aware of them.  I think I would be a good candidate for a Kawasaki KLR 650 type bike, I rode one a few years ago and I liked it, probably for trips less than 2 hours. I also owned a Suzuki V-strom 650, that thing could wheelie!  Mustang Guy has an ultra cool BMW 1200 GS.  That's a couple of steps above the others I mentioned.

I think I'm a better candidate for BMW 1200 street bike of some sort, maybe even a Harley.  Something old and slow like me.  B)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Here's an example of the 60 degree lean angle a modern Moto-GP race bike is capable of. The pic is a couple years, probably leaning farther now.Cornering Low.jpg

Uh, no, I don't think so.  :wacko:

I've never wrecked a street bike, but leaning over that far on my MX bike was usually followed directly by what we used to call "a face plant."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Is the 2nd pic a ZX14? At first I thought it was a Connie.

Just stickin' my nose in here - that's a Connie. Had a couple first Gens and an '09. And an '07 14. And so many other bikes I would have to give some thought so not to miss one, or two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Is the 2nd pic a ZX14? At first I thought it was a Connie.

It's a 2009 C14.  It replaced a 2005 C10 that was an outstanding motorcycle.  The '09 is better and with Penske in the rear and Traxxion in the front it deserves its name, T_rans  C_continental B_allistic M_issile. 

My 748 isn't anymore, so it'll be harder to digest.  ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Srinath said:

My next bike is going to be a brit, german or Italian old man twin - read modern Triumph bonnie variant, BMW R1200c, or Moto guzzi stone or something like that.

I have a thing for parallel twins that's for sure.

Thanks.

Srinath.

There are some sweet bikes around nowadays....a Ducati Monster looks like fun.

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Uh, no, I don't think so.  :wacko:

I've never wrecked a street bike, but leaning over that far on my MX bike was usually followed directly by what we used to call "a face plant."

That's never good...been there done that:mellow:

Some of the performance numbers on those GP bikes are amazing. 0-100 in 4.2 seconds, 100-160 in 4 seconds. A Ducati hit 235 in a race in Italy a few years ago. Lately all the bikes are using small winglets on the front fairings, lift isn't good at 200 mph. Even the brake/clutch levers have holes in them, at that speed the wind would apply some brake pressure. At the last GP race in Indy, a bike did a few demo laps alongside an Indycar. You know what happens when racers get together with an open track even for a demo, they raced! The bike accelerated much faster than the car, the car handled the turns better though. The crowd loved it. Here's info that's hard to imagine....as fast as these bikes are, a F1 car on the same track is over 20 seconds a lap faster! (sorry, I could talk about bikes all day)

4 hours ago, John Albright said:

It's a 2009 C14.  It replaced a 2005 C10 that was an outstanding motorcycle.  The '09 is better and with Penske in the rear and Traxxion in the front it deserves its name, T_rans  C_continental B_allistic M_issile. 

My 748 isn't anymore, so it'll be harder to digest.  ;)

The updated front end looks more like the big Ninja, hi speed tour touring!

My buddy has a Nicky Hayden 848 for sale....sweet bikes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richieb said:

Just stickin' my nose in here - that's a Connie. Had a couple first Gens and an '09. And an '07 14. And so many other bikes I would have to give some thought so not to miss one, or two.

First gen connie - AKA, Eli engine donor. I have had a few. Just have to use the bevel drive form the eli, else you'd be spinning like you're in 4th gear when in 6th. Instant close ratio transmission baby. Or fit the Connie's rear wheel, not the eli's 15". But well, easier to use the eli's bevel on backward.

In fact post 98 or 99 Connie's have better valve trains than the 86-98, whose intakes recede into the head.

Thanks.

Srinath.