You guys are a cool bunch - Intro of sorts.

Srinath

I recognize some names from audiokarma - which has oddly been blocked from my work, and since I don't have a computer otherwise, I am SOL - anyway - I have to say you all are pretty darn cool. I'm on AK as Srinath, but not posted in several months. I want to so bad though.

I never had a reason till a couple weeks ago to join a klipsch forum, cos I had no klipsch of any cred - but well, life changes in a hurry ...

Hey, I am in the process of settling down in Columbia SC, and soon - meaning in just a few short years - be where I can welcome anyone passing through (why would you be passing through this place unless you wanted to drop into the Atlantic ocean is another story) for a drink and a meal and a place to lay their head down if need be.

I am barely 200 miles from Atlanta, 100 from Charleston and Myrtle beach SC and 100 from Charlotte NC and I am truly a biker @ heart who's somehow finding their way through high end audio.

Bikes from the 90's - I know, I have dealers call me asking for tips to repair those. I'll tell you how, but I am too lazy to do it. LOL.

Audio - I'd be glad if you reciprocate that disdain - Glad - very glad.

Thanks for being so cool and for the forum.

Srinath. (same name on all fora except on gstwin - where I am "the buddha")

I am Srinath_69 on some of the weight loss fora - also getting to be an expert on that (no I'm a follower of Dr Fung)

• Like 1

Welcome, Srinath.

I've read many of your first 20 posts here and you seem like you fit in fine.  You will find there are a lot of bike guys here, including me.  I don't own a bike right now, but when one passes on the road there is never a time when I don't wish that were me.

Having owned or previously owned a Klipsch product is a lot like riding a Harely or BWM.  It is less like owning a product and more like belonging to a club.  You don't get that pride of ownership when you ride other bikes, but you still have the feeling of brother-ship of riding.

I am also on AudioKarma, but I don't post there often.  I am usually here on the Klipsch Discussion Board, the best audio forum on the internet.

Welcome, lots of friendly peeps on here, great place. You're not far from motorcycling Mecca....southeast Tn (Deal's Gap) I've ridden that piece of heaven a few times, 318 turns within 11 miles is extremely fun.

Hang around, new guy buys the brew:D

Thanks guys.

I haven't ridden in a few months due to the move, but I also have not been a "biker for fun" yet in my life. I'm a commuter, one of those bay area bad habits I need to lose. And start riding for fun.

I repair them and commute on them. That better change pretty soon I hope.

Thanks.

Srinath.

• Moderators
On 1/4/2017 at 3:54 PM, Ceptorman said:

You're not far from motorcycling Mecca....southeast Tn (Deal's Gap) I've ridden that piece of heaven a few times, 318 turns within 11 miles is extremely fun.

Cool place, anytime were in the area we go, weekends are best, mostly Sat, it's when all the nuts are flying by. I don't ride but my daughter and her husband do, I just take pic's of the cool cars and bikes flying by.

Got this sign there, it's hanging in the bar outside.  Welcome Srinath

yard-1.JPG

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Just curious, what style or brand of bikes do you work on? Repair, performance mods?

70's-90's jap. I am probably the resident expert on the 89-09 GS500 (gstwin.com) but I've also had lots of good experience with Kawi eli's, Yamaha XS'es, Honda nighthawk's etc.

I've owned 44 bikes total, and only about 10-12 distinct make/models.

17 of those have been GS500's.

Thanks.

Srinath.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Srinath said:

I've owned 44 bikes total, and only about 10-12 distinct make/models.

17 of those have been GS500's.

The GS500F was the last bike I owned, now sold.  Very cool bike, a twin-cylinder that looks like a pocket rocket but is much less high performance and more comfortable because the bars are higher and back, and the pegs are more under your butt instead of rear set.  It was fun but not my style.

I need an old man's bike.  B)

Suzuki 500f front view IMG_3242.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The GS500F was the last bike I owned, now sold.  Very cool bike, a twin-cylinder that looks like a pocket rocket but is much less high performance and more comfortable because the bars are higher and back, and the pegs are more under your butt instead of rear set.  It was fun but not my style.

Very nice, 05 right ?

Oddly none of my GS'es have been the 04+, in fact none have been made after 96 (I want to say) but I may have had a titleless 98 as well as a damaged 98 if memory serves.

I however in 05 converted a 89 into a full spec 04 the right way, and modded the clip on's to work with the 04 fairing for someone on the GSTwin site.

I have a katana FE 96 right now, as well as 2 MZ skorpions, a savage, a 90 GSXR 1127, SV1000, a GR650, an xs650, an XJ1100 and a few other modded GS'es in various states of hack.

Thanks.

Srinath.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2017 at 6:48 PM, dtel said:

Cool place, anytime were in the area we go, weekends are best, mostly Sat, it's when all the nuts are flying by. I don't ride but my daughter and her husband do, I just take pic's of the cool cars and bikes flying by.

Got this sign there, it's hanging in the bar outside.  Welcome Srinath

yard-1.JPG

Very cool Eldon, you sure have a nice backyard rec area.

19 minutes ago, Srinath said:

Very nice, 05 right ?

Oddly none of my GS'es have been the 04+, in fact none have been made after 96 (I want to say) but I may have had a titleless 98 as well as a damaged 98 if memory serves.

I however in 05 converted a 89 into a full spec 04 the right way, and modded the clip on's to work with the 04 fairing for someone on the GSTwin site.

I have a katana FE 96 right now, as well as 2 MZ skorpions, a savage, a 90 GSXR 1127, SV1000, a GR650, an xs650, an XJ1100 and a few other modded GS'es in various states of hack.

Thanks.

Srinath.

Awesome. Sounds familiar. I've been a Honda guy my whole life, other than the Suzuki SV650 Superbike I just sold(race bike)

All my Honda's have been V4s, from 1982 to 2004. About 16 of them. I wish I could've kept them all, had a few rare bikes...85 VF1000r, 84V1000f, 83 V45 (Interceptors...hence my screen name) a few 5th gen VFRs, 98-01, but the nicest one is a rare 02 RC51, 1000cc V-twin. A really fun bike to ride, has about 145 HP. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Very cool Dave. Have you checked out the adventure bikes? Been thinking about one lately