Klipsch Jubilee Speakers W/ K402 Horns ( SOLD)

k97psd

Compared to the Khorn the bass is much more forward, in your face.  The mid bass is also quite a bit better than the Khorn. Ram Jam "Black Betty" comes to mind, the drums are very impressive. The K402 is what most feel makes the Jubilee. Honestly they just do allot of things that most speakers just can't,  including the Khorns.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, k97psd said:

Compared to the Khorn the bass is much more forward, in your face.  The mid bass is also quite a bit better than the Khorn. Ram Jam "Black Betty" comes to mind, the drums are very impressive. The K402 is what most feel makes the Jubilee. Honestly they just do allot of things that most speakers just can't,  including the Khorns.

Just out of curiosity, is shipping an option? My zip is 06117.

Conn. is a ways, your close to my moms in Bristol. I really don't have a problem with shipping them but am just not setup to do it like a manufacturer would , palletized, strapped down and foil wrapped, the whole business. Also the shipping would probably be in the area of another $1200 or so.

2 hours ago, k97psd said:

Conn. is a ways, your close to my moms in Bristol. I really don't have a problem with shipping them but am just not setup to do it like a manufacturer would , palletized, strapped down and foil wrapped, the whole business. Also the shipping would probably be in the area of another $1200 or so.

What year are those speakers? 

2 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Do you guys think the performance increase between the Jub's and the K-horns would be worth the upgrade? 

The 402 is a great sounding horn.

As for the lows i think the La Scala with a folded horn subwoofer bests it in every way.

1 minute ago, jason str said:

The 402 is a great sounding horn.

As for the lows i think the La Scala with a folded horn subwoofer bests it in every way.

So surely a K-horn with a folded horn sub would beat it as well?? I was thinking I just odered the orbital Shifter's surely those paired with my K's would probably be on par with these right? 

2 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

So surely a K-horn with a folded horn sub would beat it as well?? I was thinking I just odered the orbital Shifter's surely those paired with my K's would probably be on par with these right? 

Hate to muck up this for sale thread, maybe start a new thread so others can comment as well.

Started a new thread for those interested in the subject >click here<

1 hour ago, jason str said:

The 402 is a great sounding horn...As for the lows i think the La Scala with a folded horn subwoofer bests it in every way.

You've perhaps forgotten that I ran a stock Belle, a tri-amped Belle, and tri-amped JuBelle between two Jubs for a few years.  I'm going to have to agree to disagree on this point.  It's not close, Belles and La Scalas aren't in the same league (even with horn-loaded subs)...and especially running passive crossovers without alignment: the Jubs win hands down, no contest. 

They aren't like Heritage.  They're the identified replacement for the Khorn, and they were renamed "Jubilees" because PWK felt that the upgrade in sound was a lot more than just a "Khorn II". 

...and with apologies to the OP on his seller's thread.

Chris

• Like 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Chris A said:

You've perhaps forgotten that I ran a stock Belle, a tri-amped Belle, and tri-amped JuBelle between two Jubs for a few years.  I'm going to have to agree to disagree on this point.  It's not close, Belles and La Scalas aren't in the same league (even with horn-loaded subs)...and especially running passive crossovers without alignment: the Jubs win hands down, no contest. 

They aren't like Heritage.  They're the identified replacement for the Khorn, and they were renamed "Jubilees" because PWK felt that the upgrade in sound was a lot more than just a "Khorn II". 

...and with apologies to the OP on his seller's thread.

Chris

I agree with this.

The Jubilee two way with 402 is a completely different level. 

@jason str is the only one I am aware of that has this opinion, which isn't to minimize his opinion in anyway ( he knows what he prefers).  However, the vast majority of people of people have heard them have expressed an opinion that it is the best Klipsch speakers they have ever heard, by a wide margin.  

• Like 1

I would love to hear a pair of Jubilee's someday! I'm sure everyone here is wondering if I am going to buy them but the seller and I discussed it and he said he would much rather try to sell them locally so he doesn't need to deal with shipping which I completely understand. I can't imagine how much those things weigh and I know it would cost at least 1k plus I just purchased the K-horns but if no one buys locally we will reconsider. 

Good luck with the sale, whoever gets those will be extremely lucky! 

7 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

I wonder how hard it would be for me to just add one of those 402 horns to my k-horns...

You probably need to join the following thread, since this is a "garage sale" thread:

• Like 1