Met My Match

The History Kid

I love spicy stuff.  In 27 years of living I've tried some really stupid stuff.  That included a habanero pepper challenge in 7th grade...which I downed one whole, to the Carolina ghost pepper challenge at Maryville.  Yes, I've done plenty of spice.  However...it seems that I have met my match finally...

Earlier this week I received a package from Texas from our resident old fart swell guy, oldtimer.  Reaper Madness...oh boy!

DSC01173.JPG

Well...I tried it initially on some chicken...fantastic.  Loved the stuff.  So, being the Smarty McSmartpants that I am, I figured for a midnight snack later that night, I'd try dousing some tortilla chips with it, some cheese, and a few jalapenos.  I was out of salsa and queso.  That was where my intellect for cooking went terribly wrong.

After finishing the chips - as I can never bring myself to waste food - and downing 2 1/2 gallons of iced tea in about 15 minutes...my mouth finally decided to stop feeling like it had been set on fire while open flesh wounds had lemon juice and salt rubbed in them.  Here I was expecting the man to send me a package full of glitter, and instead I almost met my demise by way of the hot sauce the Grim Reaper uses when he wants to feel pain.  Lesson learned.

But knowing me, I'm gonna use all of it...and I'm gonna order more of it as soon as I start running low if it's still around (not in special edition).  Culinary pain is the best pain.

You got a real winner here oldtimer.  I could start fires.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I clicked on the topic to hear about your love life with somebody you met on match.com.  :wub:

Yes, I promise the first place I'll turn to when I find that special someone who will tolerate my affliction with audio and huge boxes is the Klipsch Forums. :P

Sorry to disappoint you, Dave. lol

• Like 2